Thread: Library

Post Thanks / Like

Default Library

I have been going to the library with my daughter and have found some awesome DVD on Mississippi Juke joints,Les Paul,John Lee hooker ect.I also have found enough good blues CD's to fill up an i-pod all for FREE! thought I'd pass that along.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Good tip, Sumi. I work in a library, and I've known for years

You should check out ILL (pronounced "eye el el," interlibrary loan. Depending on the item, you can get it sent from another library. It used to be free, but it looks like more and more libraries are charging to offset the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I have been going to the library with my daughter and have found some awesome DVD on Mississippi Juke joints,Les Paul,John Lee hooker ect.I also have found enough good blues CD's to fill up an i-pod all for FREE! thought I'd pass that along.Sumi

Post Thanks / Like

I work in a library too and ILL is great. Lots of resources at libraries, and if you have a college library near by, check it out too. Many will loan stuff out to local people as well as the students.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Retro Hound,

I see your location is Kansas. I went to Emporia State in KS. My home town is Wichita. Small world, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Hound
    I work in a library too and ILL is great. Lots of resources at libraries, and if you have a college library near by, check it out too. Many will loan stuff out to local people as well as the students.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Emporia State too. 88-93 and 95-97.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Hound
    I went to Emporia State too. 88-93 and 95-97.
    I graduated from the SLIM program with my MLS in December of '92.