Thread: behringer sonic exciter

Post Thanks / Like

Default behringer sonic exciter

Anyone use one of these before? ive been curious about these processors for a while now and figured its time to give one a try.Apparently they're suppose to add warmth and tighten up the bottom end and and add clarity and crispness to your top end.After reading 4 hours of reviews (all good reviews)and with it being relatively cheap @ 100$,it doesnt seem like a bad piece to add to the gearpile.any opinions or experience with these?
    Allen

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I know of very few people who use these. Almost everyone can get a great tone without them. The exception might be with some of the brutal heavy metal genres. Sometimes the scooped guitar tones with a lot distortion can benefit from the extra processing.

My opinion is if you are playing more classic rock and clean then I wouldn't waste the money on it.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You know, I know of very few people who use these. Almost everyone can get a great tone without them. The exception might be with some of the brutal heavy metal genres. Sometimes the scooped guitar tones with a lot distortion can benefit from the extra processing.

My opinion is if you are playing more classic rock and clean then I wouldn't waste the money on it.
    i like a little of everything, aslong as it has nice melody to it. but i generally play hard rock/slower metal, depending what you wanna call it. im hoping it will help kinda clean up the distortion a little and maybe get some of the muddyness out. ill let ya know in a few days how it works out

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the thing with behringer is its total c**p in quality...pretty much all they make. maybe a few passable pieces of gear...but in the end have always been disappointed.there's even worse stuff like alto and phonic:.but still,don't except great quality...but I guess you knew that already.

them exciters in general...can be great for certain sounds...really bring a bass alive or help get a great jngly brit rock sound, or overall deepen a clean sound ni ely.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    the thing with behringer is its total c**p in quality...pretty much all they make. maybe a few passable pieces of gear...but in the end have always been disappointed.there's even worse stuff like alto and phonic:.but still,don't except great quality...but I guess you knew that already.

them exciters in general...can be great for certain sounds...really bring a bass alive or help get a great jngly brit rock sound, or overall deepen a clean sound ni ely.

yeah i kinda figured it wouldnt be the best quality, but reviews were good on it and its relatively cheap,compared to bbe's product, and with the behringer having a few more knobs of adjustability,i figure what the heck. we'll see how it works in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

You can find the BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer for $99 at most music E-tailers. As the owner of two BBE pedals, I can't say enough about the high quality of their products. I've never owned any Behringer stuff, so I don't have a real comparison, but if you can get a BBE for the same price, why not?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    You can find the BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer for $99 at most music E-tailers. As the owner of two BBE pedals, I can't say enough about the high quality of their products. I've never owned any Behringer stuff, so I don't have a real comparison, but if you can get a BBE for the same price, why not?
    as i read 4 hours of reviews on the behringer, i spent some time reading about the bbe as i was just looking for info on them as a whole, as to what they offer to the guitar chain. both got good reviews and were the same price. looking at the front panel of them both, i noticed the behringer had alot more knobs of adjustment,which is something i enjoy tinkering with. Im a stickler for fine tuning and testing different things.