Thread: Grammy awards

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, I was being a little overly polite before. I liked Taylor Swift as she seemed a nice kid, but her performance with Stevie was a bit painful. Very flat. I had hoped she would do better.

Beyonce's voice is very powerful, but I did not like her songs at all really. It may be what is popular out there now, but not my mug of beer. I was struck by how I kind of missed the idea of Michael Jackson. His tribute was kinda nice, not that all the singers were my favs, but it was still ok. Other than that, maybe the highlight was Sir Elton's duet with Lady Ga Ga. His old song they slid into was one of my favorites when i was 12. Even my favs, Green Day, gave a less than satisfying performance in my eyes. They should rock that song, not help sell tickets to a play based on the album.

I did not get to hear Slash's playing, as in fast forward mode through the Black Eyed Peas number. I just could not hang in there to listen, then when I saw Slash's hat flash across the screen, I did not go back and listen. There must have been awards for blues and jazz, but no performances were included in the broadcast that I saw. I have to admit I was disappointed. I normally enjoy at least a good chunk of the Grammys.

EDIT: Robert, that's cool that you like Beyonce. Good on ya. She obviously has vocal talent, but I just don't care for the songs. I actually preferred Pink's number with the "circus of the stars" stunts.

EDIT AGAIN: I suppose I also must admit, that though I don't consider myself old, the Grammy's made me feel that way a bit. I did not own, or even recognize, most of the songs up for best song.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't even know they were on this weekend, also found out about an hour ago that the Pro Bowl was on this weekend.

I guess it was my lost weekend.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!