Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Keep it!
Ha Ha! I did! (Hi, Robert, by the way! Hope you are well! We are ok down here.).

I have kept it, and am finally fixing up a couple things. I had a pre-amp tube go bad and have found a suitable replacement and pulled the trigger there. I could have gone re-issue or cheap, but got two NOS (trying one Mullard 7025 and one RCA to see which I like, then will return the one I don't and replace it with another of the one I like) to try out in the first stages section of each channel, which makes more of a difference, and will move one of the tubes (old US Made 7025, looking like GE made)into the slot of the bad microphonic one.

I am starting to play again, and since we are playing home, and maybe outside, figured I might start using this one for outdoor distant playing in my driveway or yard, instead of the C-30, seeing as I have owned it all these years.

Even with a cheap Groove Tube I stole from my C-30 thrown in, the amp sounds great again, and now will handle more dirt and/or fuzz whereas before it was making bad sounds if I played through those pedals, or bumped it with my tele.

Seems a lot better now. So, will swap out those tubes, and give the GT back to the C-30, and off and running!