Thread: Clip-on tuners

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I had an IMT 550, it lasted bout 3 months and crapped out(screen would stay lit, no data). The shop I got it from readily exchanged it for another, thinking it was a lemon. 6 weeks later it crapped out. I took it back again, they said they'd stopped carrying them because they were having so many problems with them. I LOVED the functionality of them, but for me, they wouldn't hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Korg from StringsDirect (UK) yesterday and got it today! By the time I included some strings and a cable I had enough for free next-day delivery.

The tuner is tiny, about the size of my thumb. Looks like it should be readable. The clip looks a little fragile, so I'll be careful where I keep it in the guitar bag. I'll have a play when I get home.
    Guitars: Gordon Smith GS2 electric, Dean Performer E acoustic
    Amps: Roland Cube 80x, Peavey Backstage 110
    Other: Korg Pandora 2, Zoom H4

Post Thanks / Like

so steve, what's the verdict?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo

so steve, what's the verdict?
    I'm happy with the Korg. It's sensitive and easy to read. It's actually so sensitive that I managed to tune my electric with it clipped on the headstock when I had it it microphone mode rather than piezo. It works better in piezo mode. I don't need the light at home, but there are 2 brightness settings that will be useful anywhere less well lit.

We also used it to tune my daughter's violin.
    Guitars: Gordon Smith GS2 electric, Dean Performer E acoustic
    Amps: Roland Cube 80x, Peavey Backstage 110
    Other: Korg Pandora 2, Zoom H4

Post Thanks / Like

cool! hope the clip holds up.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan