Thread: It Might Get Loud ,anyone ?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched it the other night (cable finally has it on demand).
    I thought it was very good, but it missed the mark for being a great film.
    I found most interesting the very early footage of Page.
    I don't care too much for the "Edge" or Jack White, although I appreciate them as artists and their individual approaches to music.
    3 out of 5 stars for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it last night as well. Page is outstanding... I was drooling over his CD/record collection when they showed him putting on the "Rumble" record. The movie itself is uneven, and i'd have liked to see some more of the 3 playing together for it to be really a collaboration as opposed to just indivdual stories. But then, i don't think there are too many movies of this kind out there ( at least ones i've seen) so very happy someone made it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good movie. You learn some history of each of the three musicians, and some of what makes them tick, and why they play what they do.
    I enjoyed the fact that Jack White started saying he didn't like technology/effects, etc. Yet he ended up smiling and nodding at some of Edge's stuff, maybe he didn't care for it, but he wasn't disdainful.
    The diddly-bo he strung up on the fly was slick, too.
    They both showed JP some respect, that was cool.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal