Thread: CV 50s tele

Post Thanks / Like

Default CV 50s tele

The pups didn't work on the first Squier Classic Vibe 50s tele that I received from MF.

I've had the replacement for maybe two weeks now...WOW!

I've never had a tele before, man is it a lot of fun. Lots of bite and sustain and a killer low end.

My favorite position is the the middle with both pups on.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

These CVs are great!!
    I now have 3 and if I had the fundage, I'd have the full set of Teles and Strats.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that the Tele Custom, or the original White one? I have the new CV Tele Custom and it is just amazing. I can't put it down. I have never owned a tele and I will now have to try more of them out in the stores to see if they all play as nice as this one.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't played the CV Teles yet but I did spend a few hours in a store putting the CV 60s Strat through the paces. Definitely a SWEET axe for the money. Best series Squier's put out in a while IMHO. I'd take that sucker over plenty of Mexican Strats I've played. I can only assume the Teles are up to snuff. I have a cheap off-brand Tele knock-off that gets the job done but eventually I'll need something better. I definitely have my eye on the CV. And the basses in that line are killer too.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I was listening to my guitar teacher jam with the CV Tele Custom
    through Fender Blues Deluxe and a Vox Night Train with it's matching cab that Tele just rocked both of them.

I have not touched one yet but I think I am leaning towards the CV Tele ThinLine. A real cheap and great way to get into the Semi-hollow Guitar world.

I have gas for sure for that axe only the the Fender American Special Black HSS has me gasing more! If Gasing is a word!!!! LMAO @ gasing

Congrats Tot enjoy your new axe!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Boston
    I haven't played the CV Teles yet but I did spend a few hours in a store putting the CV 60s Strat through the paces. Definitely a SWEET axe for the money. Best series Squier's put out in a while IMHO. I'd take that sucker over plenty of Mexican Strats I've played. I can only assume the Teles are up to snuff. I have a cheap off-brand Tele knock-off that gets the job done but eventually I'll need something better. I definitely have my eye on the CV. And the basses in that line are killer too.
    I said it about the CV50s Strat. A must have guitar, don't miss it, and I am even more emphaticaly saying the same about the CV Tele Custom. Mine came set up and intonated, with a set of D'Adarrio 10s at my request from a Ma and Pa local. I only had to lower the action and it was perfect.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is that our own Robert Renman just bought a CV 50's, and I'm waiting for his demo!

Yeah, awesome guitars I just wish they would come in a few more colors.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Iago, long time no see! Yeah, I will get some videos up, just be patient.

How are things in Olinda? Playing much?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes..long time! But hopefully I'll be able to stick around more often now during vacations (there are 2 forums in "Orkut" in which I'm a moderator and co-owner and that's also a cause for my vanishing). Sunny day today in Olinda and I hope it keeps like that, some friends from Germany are coming over this weekend
    And of course my Tele keeps getting the usual abuse daily! Thanks for asking!