Thread: Very cool guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Very cool guitar

I was browsing a web site today and I came across a 79' strat, very cool looking and its being sold in a store, its probably very expensive and I wont buy it but I just wanted to share, the store is somewhat near to where I live so I can go and look I guess but I don't wanna piss myself right in the store . Anyway here is the link http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDet...ba&Item=797629 super cool guitar dudes!

Post Thanks / Like

rudy's is not known for "deals". They are on guitar row in nyc and are quite pricey...sweet guitar though...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

It is sweet, I want to cuddle and lick it.

Post Thanks / Like

Those paisley finish guitars fetch a hefty price anymore. Good luck.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I have seen that there is quite a demand for paisley strats. IF they show up in the stores here, they seldom stay for long.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I like the finish, but I had a three-bolt neck w/ the bullet trussrod once on a black strat and that neck was junk. It twisted, warped, bent, never would stay adjusted. I was just a kid then, took it back to the dealer, he sent it back to Fender, they "heated and pressed" it and sent it back. It was only marginally better and I traded it for a Les Paul. Sort of a "once bitten" kinda thing for me on those necks.
    The paisley is nice, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a Tokai copy that looked EXACTLY like that one last week.
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; September 23rd, 2006 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That birds-eye all-maple neck looks mighty tasty, as does that misty pink paisley finish - - waaaaaaayyyy rad! If I were you, I'd strap on an extra-absorbent pair of Depends, and beat feet out to that store for a test-drive. Really, what's the worst that could happen . . . ? You end up playing it? Plus. You end up buying it? Plus. You find another guitar that's even cooler? Plus! You end up wetting yourself? Not to worry (thanks to the Depends). Spending an entire afternoon in a music store checking out guitars, amps, and gear? In my book, that's time well spent. GO . . . NOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful! Fender Strats from 77 to 79 are the worst quality ever. Sorry. Fender was afraid if their own Squier guitars of the very early eighties (well known for their quality I think) - the reason was that they had a severe qualitiy and mashine problem that originated some time in the 70s in their own US factories - that's why they spend almost 2 million dollars in new machines some time in 81-82. On top of that the necks and especially the birdy eyed tented to bend very soon.

Now go check that thing and have fun

Jimi75

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if that guitar has lived since 79 without bending its neck, then it should be ok to buy. They looks like a pimps dream
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I love those bodies... you could always get one of the Japanese reissues... they are reasonably priced and are on eBay regularly.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I love those bodies... you could always get one of the Japanese reissues... they are reasonably priced and are on eBay regularly.
    those japanese reissues are supposed to be really good guitars...

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Hell Yeah! who doesnt love japanese bodies?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Hell Yeah! who doesnt love japanese bodies?
    yep...i am a fan of a nice japanese body...of course i like their guitars too

Post Thanks / Like

Guitars? Oh... yeah, japanese guitars are very HQ.
    Warren, I wonder if they eat pancakes in Japan?