Hi All,

I recently purchased the Peavey 3120, 120 watt tube head and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! It's been awhile since I have owned a tube amp and seriously this is the best amp I have EVER owned!!!

I bought the amp used from a music shop and it had JJ 12AX7's (ECC83-S) in the pre-amp section and JJ EL34's in the power amp section and was thinking of using the JJ's as "back-up" tubes. BTW the amp is switchable between 6L6's and the EL34's.

So, I'm looking for a replacement set of tubes and maybe something to "hot-rod" the 3120 a bit (...yeah I know, this thing is high-gain already but why not go balls ALL THE WAY OUT!), but in general I just want a "back-up" set of tubes in case I'm playing somewhere and I blow something out and don't want to be caught with my pants down so to speak!

For the pre-amp I was thinking of going with the Groove Tube Gold Series GT-ECC83-S and the power amp section I was looking at the Groove Tube Gold Series GT-EL-34M XF2 Dual Getters!

If I used these tubes (Grooves) would I have to get the amp re-biased, or could I drop in any 12AX7 (ECC83) or EL34 tubes and have no other modifications to do? I have been reading up on this and am not quite sure if I would or not or which direction to even go...I do have an e-mail into Peavey Customer Service to see what they recommend.

Any help or direction that could be given would be GREATLY appreciated!

Schwef