Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My new '09 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new '09 Fender American Standard Stratocaster

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My new '09 Fender American Standard Stratocaster

Pictures of my new strat:

Don't think I posted these yet. Had the pickguard installed before I took it home. Sounds super great.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, That looks really good!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice strat LOVE the Pick Guard that really sets it off.
    Congrats Duff
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

looks good......... what is that gold looking spot in the big pic ?????
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Is that the Inca Silver? I can't really tell from the pics.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strat

Color is Blizzard Pearl, kind of goldish like shoreline gold.

The orange spot must be a reflection or aberation of some kind, it's not on the guard.

Thanks for the positive comments. I really like the snakeskinish pickguard, way more than the stock white.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    looks good......... what is that gold looking spot in the big pic ?????

Looks like a ceiling light reflection to me.....
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Color is Blizzard Pearl, kind of goldish like shoreline gold.
    The more I see Blizzard Pearl, the more I like it. That is a fine Strat, Duff.
    How does it compare to the CV 50's, since it has been upgraded?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haven't A B'd

I haven't a b'd them yet with the sound still ringing in my ear but the CV sounds mighty good stock. I also have a CV with the stock pups that sounds really great and will stay stock. I'll post a picture. The stock Fender American Stratocaster pups sound really good with great chiming high ends and great lows as well and are quietish.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

The pickguard really adds something - great looking guitar.
    ... it is always about the music ...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That is sweet Duff!!! Is that a Warmoth pickguard? It really goes well with the Blizzard Pearl!! I have been mulling over some Warmoth pickguards and thought it looked familiar, ya don't see em like that everyday. Very nice indeed!

M

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm she's a pretty strat!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duff's strat snake skin pickguard

I called the music store where I bought the pickguard and had it installed. Same place I bought the new strat.

The guard is a Pro Line Snake Skin. It is gold and copper colored in real life, quite like the pictures that are very close to the actual colors.

Just cranked my J bass thru my Zoom B2.1u into my Marshall MB series B30, a serious practice amp with normal and drive channels and three voices, all adjustable gain and a gain channel adjustable and an adjustable manual compression knob. What great sounds this rig gets. I'm playing a new Squire Affinity J bass with new Fender Hot Noisless J bass pups, pro installed. Also I am about to play my Peavey Zodiac four string PJ that sounds great as well.

That pedal with expression pedal, full size wah type, adds lots of really great tones and tweakability in multiple variables, very dynamic, assignable expression pedal. Made out of metal, on off switch, great pedal in my opinion. Useable sounds and fun to use, not intimidating or digital sounding. You can get some extra volume out of the amp and some great smooth sounds in addition to fuzzes, etc.

I should copy this over to the bass section. It is just sort of happening on auto pilot. The jazz bass has heavy flat wounds on it.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Duff, she's a beauty! Congrats, man!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this pickguard and thought it might be the same one.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/StratPickguard.aspx

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guard

That looks just like mine.

Proline probably got theirs from the same source.

Anyway I thought it looked unique and was a good compliment to the Blizzard Pearl. Mine is of good quality.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

The combination of the Blizzard Pearl, the pickguard and the maple neck is really nice. Well done and congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast