Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Best Opening Band? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Opening Band?

Post Thanks / Like

One that sticks out in my mind was seeing Marshall Tucker open for the ABB back in the mid-'70s. I'll always remember Toy Caldwell in his big ol' cowboy hat, wailin' away to Can't You See on a white Les Paul. Not that they overshadowed the ABB, but they were every bit as good. Great live band!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

There's 2 and the first would be some unknown Led Zep for Alice Cooper and in the early 70's Foghat for Humple Pie LA Forum,they got called back 3 times and Humble Pie had to turn up the heat to keep up,to this day that is one of THE BEST concerts I have seen and I hit both those California Jams also.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Best support acts I have seen were LightsAction supporting Saosin - in fact they were much better than Saosin live.

Also Sion supporting Oceansize. Oceansize were much much better, but Sion were a good opening act.

Oh, and definitely Men, Women and Children supporting Lost Prophets. Absolutely superb.

Not many others have been much to write home about...
    Guitars: Eko 100 Series Custom, Eko 100 Series Framus, Epiphone Firebird, Epiphone Special II, Yamaha FG-403MS

Pedals: Danelectro Dan-O-Wah, Danelectro Fish & Chips 7 Band EQ, Danelectro PB & J Delay, Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo, Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive, Danelectro Black Licorice Beyond Metal

Other Gear: Crafter MA-5 Amp, Korg Kaoss Pad 2

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting list of openers for the Stones here -
    http://www.timeisonourside.com/guests.html
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    Pretty interesting list of openers for the Stones here -
    http://www.timeisonourside.com/guests.html
    That was an amazing read.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12