Thread: Best Opening Band?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What a good thread.
    Not surprisingly, I'm having trouble remembering most of the support acts. I do remember seeing UK (Wetton, Jobson, Bozzio) opening for Jethro Tull in Long Beach, CA ('79?). I was a big Bozzio fan after seeing him with Zappa a couple of years earlier and was happy to see him again behind the kit. Also think I remember The Steve Miller Band opening for The Dead, but I was well on my way to enlightenment that day so it really could have been someone else or maybe no one at all. Never a big Steve Miller fan anyway.

Well just looked it up. The Dead and SMB were in the desert together outside of Vegas in '92. So it was all real...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go back to the 70's there are a lot of us here that have a hard time remembering not only the opening act, but also the headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    What a good thread.
    Not surprisingly, I'm having trouble remembering most of the support acts. I do remember seeing UK (Wetton, Jobson, Bozzio) opening for Jethro Tull in Long Beach, CA ('79?). I was a big Bozzio fan after seeing him with Zappa a couple of years earlier and was happy to see him again behind the kit. Also think I remember The Steve Miller Band opening for The Dead, but I was well on my way to enlightenment that day so it really could have been someone else or maybe no one at all. Never a big Steve Miller fan anyway.

Well just looked it up. The Dead and SMB were in the desert together outside of Vegas in '92. So it was all real...
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember back in the 60's/70's seeing Rush open for Bob Seager, Ted Nugent and other local bands from around here.