Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NGD for Valentine's Day

Thread: NGD for Valentine's Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile NGD for Valentine's Day

After several A/B playing with this CV 50's, a white CV 50's, and a red CV 60's Strat, it all came down to which one felt right. I really wanted the white one, but the neck didn't feel as good. I've always wanted a burst Strat, so I'm happy. Too bad I have to work tonight instead of play it, but there will be time.

Introducing the new family member...

Last edited by Tig; February 15th, 2010 at 07:59 AM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcom to the club tig. This one will be a keeper. But watch for a discontinuation of the CV line when the US guys realize the footshot they gave themselves.
    The Custom Tele is even nicer!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo! I love those tinted maple necks - love the color and the wood on them is a beautiful smooth grain - wonder where that maple comes from? Have fun!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I realized that this is the first new guitar I've ever owned. All the others were bought used via pawn/ebay/guitar shops.

I really like this guitar now that I've played it a bit. It is my Valentines present, so maybe it should be called "Valentina". I've never named any of my guitars before. Maybe because they were already "used"?! LOL
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe a dealer still had the 0912 serial numbers left in stock especially after the recall. Is your neck tight? Are all 4 screws intact?

I'm joking. Congratulations. I think you'll enjoy that for a long time to come. She's a beauty.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really nice Tig! I know you'll be happy. The last time I was at my favorite mom & pop store, I tried all their Strats, just killing time and wishing, and they had a CV50 similar to yours except it had a rosewood fretboard (which I prefer) and honestly, it felt better than any of them, including the American Strats...

Enjoy her!!!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking axe there, Tig--congrats!! Assuming she sounds as good as she looks--and everything I've read about the CV's says that's so--you've got a real winner there!

Note to all other Fretters: I'm starting a collection to pay Sunvalleylaw gas money & a modest stipend to drive over from Ketchum to Pocatello and kick Spudman in the *** everytime he trots out that "recall" joke.... Who's onboard??
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute Vood,I'm glad I listened because mine had the rotten poplar neck,man it's amazing how a little stain and some varnish can cover up,I'd get that checked out.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Wait a minute Vood,I'm glad I listened because mine had the rotten poplar neck,man it's amazing how a little stain and some varnish can cover up,I'd get that checked out.Sumi
    Yup, I already had to return mine because of excessive wood rot. Dang woodpeckers were hovering outside my window every time I played it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Sweet looking axe there, Tig--congrats!! Assuming she sounds as good as she looks--and everything I've read about the CV's says that's so--you've got a real winner there!

Note to all other Fretters: I'm starting a collection to pay Sunvalleylaw gas money & a modest stipend to drive over from Ketchum to Pocatello and kick Spudman in the *** everytime he trots out that "recall" joke.... Who's onboard??

I'd almost do it for free, but given economic conditions, the gas money at least would be appreciated. Or I could invite him over here and kick his butt skiing again.

Tig, that axe looks really nice! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cv

Tig, dude, I have a CV fifties just like your burst.

Great guitar, played it last night. Tonight my law suit Ibanez destroyer, sounds great too.

By the way, I picked up a amber pearl pickguard and spring cover for my burst CV at Grizzly, the tool place, for like fifteen dollars. Looks super great on the CV burst. I'll post a picture or two.

I don't like the white ones much, unless, like my Squire Deluxe strat, the body is white as well.

That amber pearl guard is awesome in my hands. That's a great guitar, sounding, feeling, etc. I have a new fifties in Lake Placid Blue that I had a aged pearl white pickguard loaded with a brand new set of Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials put on before I took it home. Big investment but I love it. New caps because of the Texas Specials, different value, a new premium five way switch and new output plug. Beefed it up before I took it home, it sounds, looks, and feels great plus has a specialness to it that only comes from developing, successfully, an idea that you put together in your mind and had it come to fruition with a really good feeling ensuing.

I'm keeping the burst fifties stock and it sounds incredible with the stock pickups.

Congrats on the new fifties from someone who has a stock one just like it. You might like the Grizzly amber pearl guard as well. Just a tip.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    By the way, I picked up a amber pearl pickguard and spring cover for my burst CV at Grizzly, the tool place, for like fifteen dollars.

You might like the Grizzly amber pearl guard as well. Just a tip.
    I forgot about Grizzly.com. I was just reading that Josh Gomme love their cheap, failing amps, and uses them to record with!

Thanks for the tip. I found plenty of pick guards at http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2010/Main/378 and http://www.grizzly.com/products/sear...q=pick%20guard

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Griz pickguard

My amber pearl type guard gives the sunburst a real nice compliment, believe it or not. I will post some pictures. It gives it a complimentary caramel type vibe that just isn't conveyed by the pure white guard.

I haven't seen amber pearl pickguards at any of the usual sources, ever, I don't believe. Grizzly really surprised me and they had some other decent looking parts as well.

Unexpectedly I also sprang for a really heavy duty cordura gig bag that is green and orange I think and super heavy duty with like thirty millimeters of padding per side including the top and bottom and backpack straps and a handle and lots of useable zippered storeage areas. Great gig bag for like fourty dollars. Definitely worth taking a look at if you are looking for a decent gig bag without paying a fortune.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Before I finished reading the sentence, I read that as "GAS money." It made virtually no sense to me for the remaining 2-3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner