Thread: NGD Almost

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD Almost

Well I picked up an American Stratocaster HSS black in color today.
    After the kids go upstairs I decide pull it out of the gig bag and give it the once over and get to know it a little better.

As I am flipping it over you know giving it a good once over looking for flaws in paint job or scuffs dings I may have missed in the store. I hear something moving around inside the guitar. WTH you got to be kidding me right.
    I removed the sticker over the whammy bar hole cover and start shaking the the darn guitar and flipping it over and I no longer hear the sound. But I happen to look down and on the rug I see a little black spring.

So much for American Made well anyway I put it back in the gig bag it goes back Monday for an exchange to the store I got this from they had only this one so they'll have to get a replacement from Fender but that's their problem not mind.

Needless to say I am not getting the warm fuzzy feeling form the made in the USA Strat. MY MIM, MIK, and MIJ Fender gear had no issues at all my 1st USA and day one there is an issue.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM................................... ................
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Not used to Strats, are ya?

The spring goes in the hole to give an upward push to the trem bar so it stays put and not spinning or swinging around, while you play.
    A lot of people use plumbers tape on the threads of the bar, instead of springs, for the same reason.

The sticker was there to keep the spring from getting lost.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen with two of my Squier Deluxe Strats. I turned them over to look at the back and I found a black spring in my lap.
    I called the store and he said it was for the trem bar. I don't use the trem and screw it right down like a hardtail so I just put it in the case with the bar.
    Not worth sending it back.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless
    Not used to Strats, are ya?

The spring goes in the hole to give an upward push to the trem bar so it stays put and not spinning or swinging around, while you play.
    A lot of people use plumbers tape on the threads of the bar, instead of springs, for the same reason.

The sticker was there to keep the spring from getting lost.
    I have 2 already and neither of them had that issue so either the spring was either already lost or in place better. So, I was surprised to hear something rattling around in the guitar and more surprised when the spring fell out.

Thanks for answering the rookie is learning as I go.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I just put it in the case with the bar.
    Not worth sending it back.
    Thanks ZMAN good to know so I guess its NGD after all.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, be happy you got an extra one, in case you want to try some heavier strings on it. Is it possible they include an extra for that purpose?