Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Treble bleed mod

Thread: Treble bleed mod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Treble bleed mod

Hey kids. Now my Jet City amph basically begs me to ride the volume control on my DK2M, but it rolls off the highs very quickly. Nice for a jazzy tone, I suppose, but I'm not a jazzy guy. A simple treble bleed mod would seem to do the trick. I did some searching on here and saw that Tone did one with only a .001 mf cap. That seems to be a popular choice for humbucker guitars. Some claim that single coils need a resistor in series or parallel. I'd just as soon keep it simple. I've got to run to the local Radio Shack today to pay my wireless bill anyway. Anybody have any other input on cap values?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

When you do this mod would you mind snapping some pictures along the way? I'd be very interested in seeing how you do this.

Thanks!

don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    When you do this mod would you mind snapping some pictures along the way? I'd be very interested in seeing how you do this.
    If my brain functions I will. It's REALLY easy though. You just solder the cap (and resistor, if you so choose) between the middle lug of the pot and the lug that the wire from the switch or pickup is attached to.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    If my brain functions I will. It's REALLY easy though. You just solder the cap (and resistor, if you so choose) between the middle lug of the pot and the lug that the wire from the switch or pickup is attached to.

I think this is what you are referring to....I am going to try this also,people say this works really well.

http://www.mojotone.com/Volume-Mod-for-Guitars

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    I think this is what you are referring to....I am going to try this also,people say this works really well.

http://www.mojotone.com/Volume-Mod-for-Guitars
    Yeah, that's basically it, although I was just going to go with a cap. That one adds the resistor in parallel. The only "gripe" I've heard about the resistor is that it alters the taper of your pot. That may or may not be a bad thing depending on your situation. If you just use a cap and it sounds to shrill at low volumes, the resistor will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's basically it, although I was just going to go with a cap. That one adds the resistor in parallel. The only "gripe" I've heard about the resistor is that it alters the taper of your pot. That may or may not be a bad thing depending on your situation. If you just use a cap and it sounds to shrill at low volumes, the resistor will help.

yeah your right different values of caps and resistors will probably make a difference also.

http://www.thefret.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1266342987

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Grrr. Unfortunately the local Radio Shack only had a handful of caps, the smallest of which was 1mf--only 100x too big. I've got to go through Green Bay tomorrow so I'll check one guitar place and the Shack there.

Update: OK so it was 1000x too big. I'm no math major.

Post Thanks / Like

Grrr. Unfortunately the local Radio Shack only had a handful of caps, the smallest of which was 1mf--only 100x too big. I've got to go through Green Bay tomorrow so I'll check one guitar place and the Shack there.

Yeah,I know the feeling Marnold,same thing here,they have everything except for the ones you need..I can find them online and they are very inexpensive,but the shipping is what kills ya!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    Yeah,I know the feeling Marnold,same thing here,they have everything except for the ones you need..I can find them online and they are very inexpensive,but the shipping is what kills ya!!
    'Xactly. $0.35 for the cap and $4 to send it to you....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to find one in Green Bay. It's an Orange Drop, so it'll look cool and be totally overkill at the same time

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to find one in Green Bay. It's an Orange Drop, so it'll look cool and be totally overkill at the same time
    Is it one of those 600V ones that are approx. the size of a beer keg?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

From Chris Kinman's site:

And a nice illustrated explanation from Pete Biltoff at Vintage Vibe Guitars:
    http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/do...eBleed_tip.pdf
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Is it one of those 600V ones that are approx. the size of a beer keg?
    That'd be the one. You won't be able to swear on a stack of Bibles that there is actually a pot in there once this baby's installed