Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Olympic Gold to Sweden today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Liv was a Red Wings prospect, although I'm not sure if they still have his rights or not in the NHL. I know that some people seemed pretty high on him when they drafted him.
    he was over there for a year but didn't succeed very well in the red wings organisation. goalies got it difficult to make it since it's so few positions in the team (duh...) so i think it was simply that at the time he wasn't good enough. So he came back here to his hometown and took gold in the swedish league instead

he is tempted to go abroad next season again, it'll probably be khl but maybe red wings still have some interest in him.
    My music...new, old, bands, projects.... - www.dreamwire.se

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man, Robert, I cannot believe you are not crowing about the Swedish success in the nordic events. It is amazing! Those guys are so great to watch. Picking of the perennial favorite Norwegians like that, and the tactics and race strategies, bold moves, etc. Hellner is a stud! Amazing!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-feat...olden+standard

And the US nordic combined results also are stunning. So cool!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/nordic-combined/index.html Demong, Spillane and team rocked!

Given where you live, and your love for running, I cannot believe you are not way into this sport Robert!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Hellner has been amazing. I didn't really expect he would be THIS good. But both the mens and womens xc skiing teams have done amazingly well. Gold in the mens relay felt good for sure!

I'm of course hurt bad by the hockey fiasco... Sweden's hockey team lost it again, what a pity. Slovakia should not be a problem normally, but ...

So of course I will be cheering for Canada now!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    So of course I will be cheering for Canada now!
    Yep , 3rd in standing ,no wander you re cherring for Canada ,you ...

http://www.jo-2010.net/tableau-medai...vancouver-2010
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I gotta pull for the US in hockey. Going up against Finland in the semis. It is not the same as in 1980 (I remember well watching those games as a kid), when the US players were really college age amateurs. Now that is largely a bunch of pros playing other pros with their country jerseys on, it loses some of the magic as far as I am concerned.

But nonetheless, go Team USA!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12