Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

2nd Olympic Gold to Sweden today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Olympic Gold to Sweden today!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd Olympic Gold to Sweden today!

The first came yesterday by Charlotte Kalla in the XC skiing for women.

Then just now, Bjorn Ferry won in the Biathlon pursuit! WOW!

This guy is from a place not that far from where I grew up myself.

I need to find a Swedish smiley....

GO SWEDEN!
    Last edited by Robert; February 16th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Lemme get this right....the Winter Olympics are being held in the country in which you now live, and which has, for reasons unknown and unknowable to any of us here at TheFret, chosen not to deport you (yet), and you still root for Sweden without a word of support for Canada?? INGRATE!!!!

P.S. People have just been glued to their TV sets here in the US, waiting to see who would win the Biathlon Pursuit.... (yawn)
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, of course I cheer for Canada too, but this was very sweet, since Ferry has been in the local paper at home in Sweden forever, and I don't think anyone really expected him to win gold. He's like a local kid to me (or was, when I lived in Sweden). Very spectacular performance of him today.

It was great to see the Canadian win the Moguls and there will be lots of more golds to Canada, who is a very strong country in winter olympics.

If Canada and Sweden end up in the final hockey game, then I'll have to cheer for both! Not sure that can be done really... but you can imagine I would be somewhat of a minority here, cheering for Sweden, since I'm located in the Mecca of Hockey!

Tiny Sweden has 2 golds already - of course I'm PROUD!

Last edited by Robert; February 16th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am glad the Canadian mogul guy one. Not gunna get into a medal count thing here, as it is not the main point for me. I am looking forward to seeing some of those nordic performances. That sport is so beautiful!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Helga in the Hammer Throw!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I was STUNNED to see that Americans finished 2-4-6 in the Nordic Combined. I had no idea that the US had gotten anywhere near competitive in that event! Obviously that silver medal was no fluke....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I was STUNNED to see that Americans finished 2-4-6 in the Nordic Combined.
    The guy who got the silver was caught and beaten in the last 100 yards or so. First medal for the U.S. in Nordic Combined ever, and it's been in the Olympics since the beginning.

I wish I would have known before the third period that the USA v. Switzerland hockey game was on the USA Network. I didn't remember that that's a part of the NBC monolith.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

It's sportsmanship like this gesture by the Norweigan Coach in 2006 that make the games special for me.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

How much syrup would you like? I can send you some too!

Post Thanks / Like

The hockey has been very interesting so far!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

At the Canada V. Sweden Women's hockey game last night there was a toddler with a half Canada half Sweden sweatshirt on. One of his parents was Canadian and the other Swedish.

I tried googling it, but couldn't find a picture.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

GO SWEDEN!!!
    (altough yesterday sucked from swedish point of view)

I'm hoping to get to fondle this years version of these babies!!

(yes that's olympic hockey gold medals from 06 olympics, i had two of the hockey players as models for a fashion shoot...closest i'll ever get to the olympic golds!)
    My music...new, old, bands, projects.... - www.dreamwire.se

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlström
    (yes that's olympic hockey gold medals from 06 olympics, i had two of the hockey players as models for a fashion shoot...closest i'll ever get to the olympic golds!)
    Cool! So you are professional photographer?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, let's hear it for those American kids yesterday! VONN!! DAVIS!! WHITE!! Triple gold!!

GO USA!!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Cool! So you are professional photographer?

well...yes and no.

I'm really an Art Director at a Advertising Agency, but I also freelance abit as photographer (these days mostly as concert photography and similar)

shameless plug for my photo page: www.tomas-carlstrom.se

Post Thanks / Like

Were either of them Red Wings, perchance?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Were either of them Red Wings, perchance?
    Actually they were two of the few non-nhl players in the national team, Stefan Liv and Mika Hannula , both played for the local team here in Jönköping at the time (Liv still does, he's over in the olympics this time aswell but probably be 3rd goalie after Lundqvist and the monster)

Post Thanks / Like

Actually they were two of the few non-nhl players in the national team, Stefan Liv and Mika Hannula , both played for the local team here in Jönköping at the time (Liv still does, he's over in the olympics this time aswell but probably be 3rd goalie after Lundqvist and the monster)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Liv was a Red Wings prospect, although I'm not sure if they still have his rights or not in the NHL. I know that some people seemed pretty high on him when they drafted him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast