Thread: 'notha show tomorrow

pes_laul Guest

Default 'notha show tomorrow

So we got invited a while ago to play at that roller rink again.

They're having another all nighter tomorrow night. Its generally the same sort of deal.

Should have pics up soon

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Have a great show. I'm also playing Friday and Saturday in Red Lodge Montana. It's a ski town and it's also Winter Carnival this weekend so it's going to get wild!

Have a good time Pes.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and times brother!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

pes_laul Guest

our show went really smoothly. Except for the fact we had to drive 35 miles back to our bassists house twice to grab the setlists, then his amp later. We should really get prepared better :

But we played really good and I had a pretty B!tchin guitar tone.

Though the only problem I had was my mic wasn't grounded right or something and I got zapped pretty good a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul

Though the only problem I had was my mic wasn't grounded right or something and I got zapped pretty good a few times.
    Kris-- does your amp have a polarity switch?

Sometimes simply putting the polarity to the opposite of how it was when you got shocked will solve the problem. Also, once you get your guitar rig up and running, before soundchecking vocally, give the mic a tap with your hand (not fingertips though) or arm. Your lips have a very dense collection of nerve endings and if you're going to get shocked, it'll hurt a lot less if you avoid your mouth getting zapped.

My main band, way back in its original incarnation, used to do a song called "Shocked In the Mouth," written by our bassiste Vicki about this very phenomenon.