Thread: 10's on a tele?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Who cares about 10s or 9s, how is the guitfiddle?!?
    I do not know yet I will not pick it up until Saturday.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

I just joined the tele brigade, and I've got 10's on mine. They sound fine. 9's are too wobbly for me, and I can bend the 10's fine.
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    I do not know yet I will not pick it up until Saturday.

Well the CV ThinLine is one extremely great looking guitar felt great in my hands the neck was spot on perfect.
    BUT the neck had a ding or nick on the neck right near the top right side of the 1st fret next to the 1st/2nd fret separator. UGH!!!! So, now I will wait to see if they can get a new one in or fender will let them mark down this one but honestly I would just rather a new with out any flaws if it was on the body of the AXE I properly would not care but on the neck no way.

So, now I must wait it out but the guitar was way more than I expected once I get it worked out it is another keeper to add to the collection for sure.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Well the CV ThinLine is one extremely great looking guitar felt great in my hands the neck was spot on perfect.
    BUT the neck had a ding or nick on the neck right near the top right side of the 1st fret next to the 1st/2nd fret separator. UGH!!!! So, now I will wait to see if they can get a new one in or fender will let them mark down this one but honestly I would just rather a new with out any flaws if it was on the body of the AXE I properly would not care but on the neck no way.

So, now I must wait it out but the guitar was way more than I expected once I get it worked out it is another keeper to add to the collection for sure.

Fender only wanted to give them $10.00 off of the guitar with a chipped/dinged neck So now I have to wait 3 weeks for a replacement. @#!@$!#@$#@!%$@#@!
    but it will be worth it once I have it in my hands.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really?

That sounds foolish of Fender to offer such a small price cut, especially if the ding is under your finger during any playing or bending. It just won't sound right, I mean for a brand new guitar.

UPS is terrible I know, but who do you blame? Quality control should have picked it up, in my opinion.

Nice way to take the wind out of your sail and increase the anxiety level waiting all that time. Then they might move the date back even farther. I'd ask for something for the inconvenience in additon to the defective neck.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy
    That sounds foolish of Fender to offer such a small price cut, especially if the ding is under your finger during any playing or bending. It just won't sound right, I mean for a brand new guitar.

UPS is terrible I know, but who do you blame? Quality control should have picked it up, in my opinion.

Nice way to take the wind out of your sail and increase the anxiety level waiting all that time. Then they might move the date back even farther. I'd ask for something for the inconvenience in addition to the defective neck.
    I am still waiting!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Good thing I have plenty of new toys to enjoy!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

Like a lot of other guys here, I like the sound and feel of 10s on my Fender-ish guitars. It just feels like the right gauge of string for single coils/ inline tuners. Or something like that.

That sucks about your "almost" guitar. I really like those Thinlines. Hopefully the replacement will come soon, so you can satisfy that GAS pain.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to try the new "cobalt" strings. They are advertized to be more powerful and clear sounding. I found them to be louder and very nice. They made such a big difference in sound and tone that they reminded me of the difference you notice when you put some good new pickups in a guitar. I definitely like them. Whether they last longer I don't know but they do have a different sound them that some may find useful.

I still use D'darrio nines and tens, and Slinkys. The "cobalts" are just another option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    You might want to try the new "cobalt" strings.
    I like the set I put on my Reverend (P-90's). I think they work really well on single coil guitars, especially when you are looking for a bright, clear, well defined sound. I bet they'll go nicely on my Hell No.2 (Tele style) and my Gretsch.