Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
10's on a tele?

Thread: 10's on a tele?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I just joined the Tele club over the weekend - I put 10's on it and it plays great but the pickups suck. It's an Arbor..?? Anyway I've got some GFS pickups and a stewmac tele rewire kit coming in to resolve the sound issues. On a squier tele I had the sounded great with 10's (and fender noiseless pickups).

How's the pickups on that CV sound??

Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr View Post
    I just joined the Tele club over the weekend - I put 10's on it and it plays great but the pickups suck. It's an Arbor..?? Anyway I've got some GFS pickups and a stewmac tele rewire kit coming in to resolve the sound issues. On a squier tele I had the sounded great with 10's (and fender noiseless pickups).
    Wow, nice Tele. I'm looking for one with a mini-humbucker in the neck, but will likely have to buy a regular one and convert it. I might go with CV Custom with Al 5's and put in a Seymour Duncan SM-3n mini-hum for the neck. All the CV Tele's (Custom and 50's) I've played sound pretty good, but not as nice as the American Special with the Texas Special pickups.