Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead me to the building..FU!

Post Thanks / Like

agreed, the notion that you and your family throw these things out as private jokes, when it's a totally random thing in the first place....hysterical.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

??? Tot, WHAT planet are you on?!?!? Oh, maybe I should have said, 'from'?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo
    agreed, the notion that you and your family throw these things out as private jokes, when it's a totally random thing in the first place....hysterical.
    Well my kids are older: 27 and 22. We were driving one day & they started riffing out those lines. My wife & I asked what the hell that was so they showed us on YouTube when we got home.

We couldn't stop laughing.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    ??? Tot, WHAT planet are you on?!?!? Oh, maybe I should have said, 'from'?
    The same planet as Cap'n Tying Knots.

We have things with seashells and seahorses on them: towels, bags,..
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Apparently that's the soliloquy of somebody who was on acid, recorded by his friends for posterity, and animated.

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
    Hmm. Found this here:

the video for 'drinking out of cups' (2003 meetle mice) seems to be going viral again, this time in the comedy world. sara silverman posted it on her twitter and 'opie and anthony' discussed it on their radio show. there is an amazing amount of disinformation and completely wrong information about this piece and i just want to clear some things up.

in 2002 i recorded myself watching television with the sound off doing a character that was meant to embody long island culture (where i grew up). i was NOT on acid when i made this piece. i have NEVER DONE ACID.

while i have no problem with psychedelics and think that they are important to human culture, i do want it to be known that i was not on any psychedelics or any drugs while making this piece. it was all stream of conscience, reacting to watching the tv, changing the channels, with the sound of, talking to it as if it were a person communicating back to me.

the track was on my 2003 album meetle mice. in 2005 or 2006 liam lynch came across the track as it was getting passed around on message boards and file sharing sites. he contacted me about making a video for it and about using my song 'big big big big big' as the theme song to his podcast show. i love liams work and of course said yes. the video has grown in popularity to the point where i get fan mail from soliders in iraq, blog about my celebrity comedians and its gotten 2.8 million views on youtube.

this is all great and whatever but i want people to know this video was created without drugs or acid. i'm glad that people like the video but lets just make this perfectly clear:

1. I WAS NOT ON ACID WHILE MAKING THIS VIDEO

2. I WAS NOT LOCKED IN THE CLOSED AND BEING RECORDED

3. I RECORDED THE TRACK 100% SOBER

4. I USED THE TRACK A SCHOOL PROJECT AS A SOLO VOICE/TAPE PIECE

5. I HAVE NEVER DONE ACID, AND LIKE JEFF LEWIS, NO I DON'T WANT ANY ACID, THANK YOU

6. YES, THAT IS ME TALKING AND I WROTE THE PIECE

7. ITS A CHARACTER SATIRIZING LONG ISLAND STEREOTYPES

8. THE SONG CAME OUT IN 2003

9. THE VIDEO CAME OUT IN 2006

its really insane to me that i have been the subject of two separate viral videos that exist simultaneously inside and outside of my music career. the internet is a strange place. i don't really know how i feel about this kind of stuff. while my work is weird and some what "experimental" its not that weird or that "experimental" where it should cause so much confusion and bewilderment among the mainstream audiences that it comes across. but i guess thats what happens when anything is out of the immediate ordinary.

anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. please stick up for me if you see on message boards or youtube comment sections or anywhere if you see it being stated that i am on acid while making that piece. i made the piece to be funny and a piece of absurd humor. it was edited down and crafted with care. while it seems like a mindless ramble, some time and effort went into making it. if that ads or distracts from the piece so be it, it wasn't meant to be a process piece and i never thought i'd be explaining it or that it would be seen by nearly 3 million people.

i guess i should just be glad so many people enjoy it. however, to have it be stated that i was on acid time and time again takes away from any of the creative process i put into the piece. i'm not sure i'm getting my point across but i am tired of writing this and need to get back to work on whartscape. love you all.

dan deacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

you don't like the lighthouse?
    you suck.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Drinking out of cups, being a *****. Yeah ok, it's kinda funny.

Tot, lead me to your planet, **** ***.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eric! I liked reading Dan's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo
    you don't like the lighthouse?
    you suck.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Drinking out of cups, being a *****. Yeah ok, it's kinda funny.

Tot, lead me to your planet, **** ***.
    It not just about swearing & it is seriously hilarious, not just kind'a funny.

At least on my planet it is.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    It not just about swearing & it is seriously hilarious, not just kind'a funny.

At least on my planet it is.
    Unfortunately, now that I at least understand its origins a little bit, I do think it's pretty funny. I'm not to 'seriously hilarious' yet, but I'm getting there.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Unfortunately, now that I at least understand its origins a little bit, I do think it's pretty funny. I'm not to 'seriously hilarious' yet, but I'm getting there.
    you there yet
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

who paid for that floor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    you there yet
    I find myself silently mumbling some of the lines from it from time to time, so maybe yeah.

Mr. Balloon Hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Will it capture the "F'ing Youtube Title"? Not yet...

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default And now for something completely different...

You'll either love or hate this one

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12