Good quality instruments take it with stride. The Davette is getting nearly 30 years old and the neck is straight as a razor still, and original frets! Same with the Yamaha.

Also I never had any problems with my Gibson...although I hauled it accross the country hundreds of miles in an open car trailer under tarps in its case in -30 zero moisture winter conditions to gigs, and then played gigs in 100 degree heat under stage lights and the air thick with sweat and moisture...never any issues in 13 years. The mahogany neck did require adjustments biannually, but that was all.

I had a cheaper backup 'Fenix' copy guitar with me for a while too...nice guitar but after a year of use the neck was totally propeller twisted, could not take the variations in condition.

Basically all my guitars ever suffered from hard use are a few bruises and dings from lying on the floor...a few times I've dropped 'em...Davette once over 6 feet to concrete, but luckily in a soft case...and my Gibson once so I had to replace a fret that got knocked way too deep...but a few dings and scratches never bothered me. I even let my kids toy with them, the worst they can do is give 'em a few more scratches.

I've only managed to break two guitar necks in my career, both Gibsons (a Nighthawk and a '73 Custom LP) and neither my own axes :-)