Thread: Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton concert at Madison Square Garden

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton concert at Madison Square Garden

Did anyone else go to this over the weekend?? I scored some last minute tickets from a friend who couldn't make it and It was absolutely amazing!!!! Here are some pics from the show.. http://blogs.msg.com/themonitor/2010...photo-gallery/

Post Thanks / Like

I saw them in Toronto last night at the ACC.
    Jeff back came on solo at 7:30, Clapton came on solo at 8:45.
    Around 9:30 or so they were on together.
    Clapton was Clapton, dead-nuts on 100%, sounded great.
    Believe it or not I had never heard much of Jeff Beck solo, he was amazing, even though he fell on his *** on stage twice, not quite sure what the deal was with that, if he was jacked he sure didn't play like it.
    It seemed like a short show.
    The show was fantastic but it will probably me the last stadium venue I visit, not my cup anymore.
    I did not get a $40 t-shirt but glad to have seen the show.

Post Thanks / Like

curious about the rigs these guys use. Given that they are legitimate Guitar Gods, and can have anything given to them, and chose long ago to commit themselves to playing guitars for a living....

interesting there isn't a humbucker between them, both on Strats, but for Beck's
    Maple neck tele.

Looks like Clapton has a Fender Tweed Cab mic'd in back of him....

Just interesting.

Ted, I hear you about arena rock....you find yourself trying to forget the setting and focus on the music, and its difficult to do. But then, you also won't see guys like this otherwise. Bummer.
    Last edited by kidsmoke; February 23rd, 2010 at 05:10 AM.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan