Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Severe GAS attack...

Thread: Severe GAS attack...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Severe GAS attack...

So I'm perusing the local buy, sell and swap guide today and found a fellow selling his Fender Hotrod Deluxe for REALLY cheap. Figuring it was AFU, I decided to check it out anyways. The thing is *cherry*. As in "has never left his bedroom". Sold.

I also checked out a not-so-local music store today (it's about 90 minutes north of here), hoping to score the elusive used monitors, which they didn't have. I scanned the wall of guitars and bemoaned a lack of semi-hollows. "Oh," said the lady. "Just got one in... wanna try it?"

And I did. And for the price, I couldn't not take it.

Meet "Fat Girl", my new hollow body Oscar Schmidt.

(Oh, and I wound up with a couple of sweet brand new Peavey monitors for what I was looking to pay for a set of used ones. When I finally got cell signal, I called the woman to let her know what I'd done... she screeched with JOY and said she couldn't wait to hear everything... and now she's even happier!) :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, maine.

I feel a lot better about only having bought one guitar this week...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

i need to move to maine and find me a woman like that, mine woulda circumsized me with an olive fork for spending like that.

Post Thanks / Like

@Blooz.. but I only bought one guitar too! Damn near walked out of there with an acoustic resonator too, but I didn't like how it sounded..

@BBW... my woman is from northern California, actually... and she LOVES blues. And for whatever reason, she really loves them when I play. :-)

In all fairness, the monitors have been "in the budget" for a couple months now. All in all today, I spent less than a grand. Tax returns are wonderful! :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

Jon you will have to share your secret
    Re: she screeched with JOY and said she couldn't wait to hear everything... and now she's even happier!) :-)
    Oh yeah...and Washburn scores another....OS is to Washburn what Squire is to Fender :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Not really, Kazz.... I've never seen a Squire that well made. ;-) The damn thing weighs twice as much as my LP. :-)