Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Fender Bassman 59 Reissue

Post Thanks / Like

Update: checked this out last night at my friend's house. I guess he replaced it with this amp.

Anyway, it has some sort of attenuating jobby soldered into one of the PCBs which isn't that useful for his harmonica playing, but worked well for guitar.

It was quite different playing a Bassman when compared to most amps I've played: a normal and 'bright' channel, volume for each, 3-band EQ and presence. That's all. If you want more crunch, turn up the volume.

It had a pretty smooth tone and decent note definition even at higher volumes, but ultimately I just can't 1) justify spending the money or 2) think of a place where I'd use it. It needs to be fricking loud to get a tone I like, and it's spectacularly loud. Also, it's ~55 pounds.

He's in no hurry to sell, so I think it's still available for me if I change my mind, but as of now I would be buying it mostly as a commodity, and I don't tend to do that much when it comes to gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I shut my eyes and it was the middle one that stood out as the most enjoyable! Sumi
    +1
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12