Thread: Behringer Effects for Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Behringer Effects for Bass

Just grabbed a couple of stompboxes for our bass player (well, for me, but I'll "hide" them at our bass player's ). Behringer BOD100 Bass Overdrive and BCH100 Bass Chorus.

Aside from the typical concerns with Behringer pedals being cheap, plastic housing, pain in the arse battery compartment etc. I must say these are great sounding pedals for the price (about $35 CDN). They are super quiet and have enough parameter settings to dial in anything from lush and thick to spacey and grind-core.

I've never played my bass through effects much, and this is the first OD pedal I've tried. I'm liking it! The OD pedal has individual high and low cut/boost dials. The low boost really kicks in some deep bottom end without being muddy. It also has a blend dial for mixing in just the right amount of OD vs dry signal.

Anyone else use pedals to fill out the bottom end? What do you use, if anything?
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I am using a couple of things in my signal chain. My first bass specific pedal purchase was a Russian Big Muff. If you're looking for metal bass fuzz, this is it.

Much more sophsticated than the Muff is what I currently use, Tech 21's SansAmp Bass DI (stompbox version). It produces a smoother, more defined overdriven sound, much more suitable to jazz and blues.

I also am using a Peavey DeltaFex Twin rack mount unit. I add just a bit of flange to my sound. I can also put in a bit of reverb, if desired, using this unit.

Last, I have a Peavey CEL-2 Compressor-Expander-Limiter, but have not used it yet.

Although it produces no effect, I use a Boss TU-2 tuner inline as well. The beauty of this tuner is that it allows you to shut down your signal chain by engaging the tuner.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Back in my bass playing days, I had a DOD bass chorus and bass equalizer and a Dunlop bass wah. I got the equalizer in a vain attempt to make my first bass not sound like crap. After I upgraded to a non-crappy bass, I mainly used it as an overdrive pedal but cranking all of the settings and my amp's pre-amp. The chorus was nice for a little fullness. I had a P-bass that was very punchy but lacked a bit in the fullness department. The wah was for giggles mainly.

Speaking of Behringer, I've got a Vintage Tube Overdrive for my guitar that I like a lot. The only thing is that once the battery dies, I'm going to hook it up to an adapter. Changing the battery on it is a PITA.
    Last edited by marnold; November 6th, 2006 at 08:42 AM.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Speaking of Behringer, I've got a Vintage Tube Overdrive for my guitar that I like a lot. The only thing is that once the battery dies, I'm going to hook it up to an adapter. Changing the battery on it is a PITA.
    My SansAmp Bass DI is like that. I went right out and got a wall wart for it!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

my only problem with behringers is the amps, their pedals are good though
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25