Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NGD: My new Tribute Les Paul

Thread: NGD: My new Tribute Les Paul

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD: My new Tribute Les Paul

She just arrived last night. Duff already gave a review, so I'll just cover the things that are unique to my own experience.

1) I've always felt that my Vox Night Train was a bit flat, tonally. I could never get much bottom end out of it, even with the new 2x12 cab I just acquired off of Craig's List. With this LP, the bottom end is very present, and so are the mids.

2) Although it was very nearly in tune when I got it, the A and D string have a slight buzz when fretted, even as far up as the second fret. Might need a slight truss rod adjustment.

3) The strings turned my fingers almost black within a few minutes of playing. They sound bright and new, but they have some nasty residue on them from something.

4) It sounds great through both the Night Train and the Marshall. It has that trademark Les Paul™ sound, as well it should, and the neck pickup is sweet and mellow. It does seem to be less sweet than my brother's Epi LP Standard, though. Might be just my imagination, but then again maybe not. We'll have to A/B them when he comes down to visit next month.

And of course, this thread would be meaningless without pics, so:
    Last edited by FrankenFretter; February 27th, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.