Well I have two Strats. One is my 'true' Strat, a Jimmie Vaughan Strat, which I love and does the strat thing wicked good. My other is a 10 year old MIM Strat, which was my first guitar. It's been modded many time with different sigle coil pups, and has USA electronics and wiring, a aftermarker pickguard, grover tuners, etc etc. It's an ok Strat, not nearly as lively as my JV, but is solid. I was thinking since I never play it anymore, I should mod it to something I'd like to have in my guitar collection.....a shredder. In other words, route out the single coil routes to accept humbuckers, install a Floyd Rose with a locking nut, and maybe have medium to jumbo frets installed.....the current ones are vintage and worn out almost. Problem is I dunno if I could handle all the work involved, and would hate to mess it up by making a mistake. But my lutheir would probably charge me a few hundred bucks for the Floyd and refret installs. But I think it would get used a lot if I transformed the guitar like that.......hmmmmmmmmmmm. It's this guitar.......

http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGe...-06/Strat2.jpg

-peace
-Nate