Thread: Brossard Picks Demo

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brossard Picks Demo

Ebony, Horn and Bone. These picks are fantastic.
    www.brossardpicks.com

This also the first time I miced my Marshall with an SM57 for the sound. I went guitar, Mogami 2524 cable, old Tascam US-122, Mac, Garageband. Added tiny amount of delay and reverb in Garageband, exported file and imported into Final Cut Express, where I manually synced up the audio with the video.

How's the guitar tone?

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't you burn through a wood pick in no time flat?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Marnold, I haven't had these for very long. Maybe it depends on how aggressive one's style is. If they wear down or get ragged, I reckon they can be trimmed a bit with sandpaper.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Another top demo!

The first time I watched it I forgot to listen for different tones with different picks because I was too busy enjoying those chops

I was just checking out the site, very cool looking product for sure. I'm tempted to order that three set with one of each....

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of flames erupting, how would you compare the bone/horn ones to v-picks?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, you are a mighty fine guitar player and that goldtop Hagstrom suites you to a tee.

I really like your new miked-setup, sounds fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it sounds good, sound-wise (not talking guitar-playing-wise) because I am now miking the amp with an SM57 and bypassing the camera mic. I use my old Tascam US-122 and it seems to do a decent job converting into digital. Just wait until I get my new mic preamp! Should be even better then. I just think it's awesome how much tight low-end this Marshall JVM is putting when I go into overdrive...

V-picks? Yes, they are indeed great too. I find the V-picks are softer, and have a more "pinging" tone, a bit less sharp than the bone/horn, but still tight and musical. I think both are great for more gainier tones - it's really just a preference, but I do think the V-picks sound a bit different. I'll do a V-picks demo sometime too. I really like them too.

I also want to mention that I often play with just my fingers. I find the best tone you can ever get with a pick is still not as good as the tone you get when you play with your fingers. For some serious proof, I'll mention one name - Jeff Beck. Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I also want to mention that I often play with just my fingers. I find the best tone you can ever get with a pick is still not as good as the tone you get when you play with your fingers. For some serious proof, I'll mention one name - Jeff Beck. Nuff said.
    I won't debate that (could mention another: Mark Knopfler) but that particular point is irrelevant for me since I don't have the requisite fingertips to use. I've liked the v-picks for that very reason. They're easier to grip and the pointy, beveled edge of the Screamers help from a precision standpoint. It's more of a grip benefit than necessarily a tonal one for me (although that's there as well).

Post Thanks / Like

I never gave a moments thought to how the pick I use affects the sound I get.
    The newbie keeps getting feed knowledge Thanks guys.

I'll try out some of these that are mention here to see what I think.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin