Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A little Mr. Winter for your lunch hour.

Thread: A little Mr. Winter for your lunch hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little Mr. Winter for your lunch hour.

Some early Johnny for your listening pleasure.

Man did you ever work a crowd like that? Their tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Recognize the bass player? Good look at his face at about 5:30....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Tommy Shannon to me...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Give that man a cee-gar!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny Winter is one of my favorite all time guitar players. I have 13 of his albums, and saw him 3-times in concert.

It makes me very sad to see him now...
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

I never would have guessed that one! Thanks guys.

Johnny is one of my favs as well!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Man did you ever work a crowd like that? Their tough.
    It looked like a pro shoot, so the crowd may have had to suffer thru the typical crap involved. Kinda takes the edge/fun off. But the lights should have been dimmed and the cameras kept on the band.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    It looked like a pro shoot, so the crowd may have had to suffer thru the typical crap involved. Kinda takes the edge/fun off. But the lights should have been dimmed and the cameras kept on the band.
    That first guy they show in the crowd looks like a Mike Meyers character.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes...some good stuff there M29.....

I can recall some crowds like that, you play your but off on something like Highway Star or Jessica and they just sit there.......
    Then you try something like Spooky or Mustang Sally and they all go nuts....

Makes for a long night......

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Wilshire he's playing. Gotta love Mr. Winter. The crowd does look a little sullen, don't they?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah young Johnny is playing and signing his heart out and a good part of the crowd are hangin their heads in their hands. Yeah msteeln it looks like a pro shoot, TV I suppose. You think a good portion of their fans would be there to support and hoop and holler for them. Then again maybe they told them they were recording and to be quiet.

Go Johnny go!!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Tommy Shannon was his bass player in the beginning. He is on the Second Winter album.
    Amazing how it goes. I saw him at a sold out concert at Maple Leaf Gardens. in Toronto on the early 70s. Then you could see him at a local bar called the Down Under in St. Catharines Ontario for the price of a beer in the 80s.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.