Thread: Improving Squire

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

The Affinity Strat bodies are thinner than a standard Strat body be it a Squier, MIM, MIC, or American. That does cause a problem with the trem block protruding from the back of the guitar.

I put a std. steel block trem in one of these bodies for someone once, but I had to take down the block about 1/8" or so to make it fit with the trem cover on. That left the string ends flush with the bottom of the trem block, but it worked!

If you're on a strict budget here, this humbucker gets great reviews from everyone who tries it. As I've been told by the happy users, don't let the cheap price fool you.

http://pickersparts.auctivacommerce....er-P95880.aspx

OOPS!- just noticed, you need a single coil size pickup...never mind....
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat

http://pickersparts.auctivacommerce....er-P95880.aspx

OOPS!- just noticed, you need a single coil size pickup...never mind....
    Just as well. I was all set to buy a couple of bodies from them, except the guy who responded to my email was a total dick. They are located near where I live and I offered to drive over to pick them up, but all I got was static. All I wanted to do was make sure the Fender bridges I have would fit the bodies, and this douche got all bent out of shape and wanted me to pay a "service charge" and made like I was really putting him out. Way to blow an easy $500 sale. Idiot.