Thread: AD50VT speaker swap?

Post Thanks / Like

Default AD50VT speaker swap?

Has anybody replaced the “Seventy 80” speaker in the Valvetronix 112
    It’s not necessarily a terrible stock speaker, but there are other options.
    Just for fun, I’m thinking about dropping in a WGS V30.
    Are any mods necessary to make it fit?

Post Thanks / Like

Ill take on this ???,,and say no as long as its replaced with a 12"''

Make sure you get the same ohm (4,8,16) on the wgs.

peace!!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

My advice...stay with a speaker that is pretty transparent like the 70/80. Some speakers will color the tones of the models so much that they will no longer sound like the amp that is being modeled.

Jensen used to make a MOD speaker for modelers, but I'm not sure they still do. Celestion had the G12 Century Neos, but they were pretty expensive and have also been discontinued.

I saw a post on another forum where a guy ran his Vox through a cab loaded with Greenbacks and commented on how "horrible" the amp sounded....the Greenbacks aren't a good choice for a modeler at all.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.