Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

18 watt build - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18 watt build

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up using a pattern that is at the top of this pic. I have the aluminum panel in the mill and got started on the cutouts. The round holes in the center are starter holes to get the end-mill into so I can cut the shapes in the picture.

I haven't decided on what type of screen to put behind the cutouts but what ever it is it will be gold in color to go with the gold plexi panel on the amph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    GuitarDan777: I can scratch that Zonkin' Yellow Screamer itch for ya, when you're ready to forget the rest and get the best!
    That's a great pedal, definatly on my GAS list.....

Lookin' good M29.....ya gonna have her ready for the amph show?
    I'm gonna bring mine so peeps can try a GDS S/C rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello guitardan777. Thanks! Yeah I thought I would bring it down to show ya's. Gotta check out that Strat of yours too.
    I have some serious time to put into it yet though. Once it is milled there will be lots of filing and sanding and polishing. I have since mounted the feet and the rear panel is finished. I have the cab corners mounted. Oh, I still need to get a handle too. I am thinking of maybe a brown leather handle.

Thanks my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

The rear is finally finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that amph looks great, M!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kat!

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking at some fabrics I had laying around the house to put behind the cutouts. I wanted to put the same screen as the backside but it looks way too bright on the front. I might try some other type screen.

Post Thanks / Like

She's done. I need to find three appropriate front panel screws and thats pretty much it. I need to do something with the logo. It is just a stick on right now but I need a break from this for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

That's ultra sweet my friend.....
    Nice work !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you friend.

Post Thanks / Like

wowza !!!!

What color are ya going on the panel screws black?????
    Last edited by mrmudcat; May 12th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mud. Not sure. I thought stainless to kind of hide them. I have three bronze colored screws that might look pretty good and kind of tie in with the wood color. One other thing I forgot was a handle. I noticed this when I tried to pick it up.....

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, where did the 18 watt kits come from , I want

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tonz. This kit is from GDS. If you have an interest in an 18 watt, probably the best place to learn more about them is at 18watt.com. There are lots of demos on most of the brands on utub too.

Post Thanks / Like

That amp looks so sweet, I am working on a new strat right now, but would like to build a small tube amp when the git is done. I googled amp kits and got tons, I will check out the one you listed, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, M! That is a very sharp-looking amp.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gh!

Post Thanks / Like

When you say working on new Strat do you mean working and saving for one or working on building a new Strat? If you are working on one, I would like to hear more about it Tonz. I get to go back and work on my Tele project now. Yea ha!

Post Thanks / Like

I have put together a bunch of guitars over the years, my project right now is another strat. This is going to be my first Warmoth neck, in the past I have always managed to get my hands on Fender necks. I do like the Warmoth fatbacks, a little pissed that they couldn't send me one with a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard but I guess they have to respect the laws and treaties to protect what trees are left in Brazil. The Indian rosewood should come out nice, as it is a nice wood in its own right. I bought a body and some hardware from guitarfetish.com when it is put together I will post some pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast