Thread: Woodstock amp and Hagstrom Swede demo

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodstock amp and Hagstrom Swede demo

A quickie I did at lunch break yesterday -

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert's doing quickies on lunch.....
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

How do you guys like these tones I was getting?

Yeah, I do quickies over lunch break sometimes, don't you?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    How do you guys like these tones I was getting?

Yeah, I do quickies over lunch break sometimes, don't you?
    The 2nd position (1 o'clock) was my favourite. Great tonality. The last position (cranked) was nice as well while I found the first position a tad anemic. Great demo, as ever. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The sound/tone is not bad, but seems to be a little lifeless somehow - what bcdon meant by 'anemic' I guess. Just doesn't really grab me.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, well it's a class A single ended amp. They all seem to have a certain sound in common - especially when they are pushed. This amp sounds better with my Suhr, I think. Maybe just single coils in general are better for this type of amp? I dunno, but I get a very similar sound with my Mack GEM if I use my Swede.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks guys, well it's a class A single ended amp. They all seem to have a certain sound in common - especially when they are pushed. This amp sounds better with my Suhr, I think. Maybe just single coils in general are better for this type of amp? I dunno, but I get a very similar sound with my Mack GEM if I use my Swede.
    I don't think the amp sounded "bad" but I think some of the other gear that is out there sounds better and perhaps at a more affordable price.

So many manufacturers are coming out now with low wattage heads, there are quite a few to choose from.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the second position best too. The first just seemed "cleaner", as in no grit.....which is fine if that's what you like. So, perfect for pedal steel sounds.

Robert, you were just adjusting the VOLUME knob on the amp, not the TONE, right? If YES, then we have a perfect example for keeping the volume knob on the amp set higher and if you want it less loud, then roll back the volume on your git..

Post Thanks / Like

piebaldpython - correct, I didn't adjust the tone.