Thread: Woodstock amp and Hagstrom Swede demo

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks guys, well it's a class A single ended amp. They all seem to have a certain sound in common - especially when they are pushed. This amp sounds better with my Suhr, I think. Maybe just single coils in general are better for this type of amp? I dunno, but I get a very similar sound with my Mack GEM if I use my Swede.
    I don't think the amp sounded "bad" but I think some of the other gear that is out there sounds better and perhaps at a more affordable price.

So many manufacturers are coming out now with low wattage heads, there are quite a few to choose from.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the second position best too. The first just seemed "cleaner", as in no grit.....which is fine if that's what you like. So, perfect for pedal steel sounds.

Robert, you were just adjusting the VOLUME knob on the amp, not the TONE, right? If YES, then we have a perfect example for keeping the volume knob on the amp set higher and if you want it less loud, then roll back the volume on your git..