Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Next gen videogames
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next gen videogames

Post Thanks / Like

Default Next gen videogames

I dont know if you guys are into videogames. Does anyone consider buying one of the next generation of videogames (Xbox360, PS3, Wii) ? I had a Xbox before, but I think that the Nintendo Wii with its ultra cool controller will be amazing. The Wii will not be up to par with the other hardware wise, but its playability will probably be higher! And all old nintendo games will be downloadable via internet from Nintendo.. oh Ice Clamber & Excite Bike
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a gamer geek my friend. PC and PS2. I really would like a next generation hand held unit once it comes out. PSP is cool but like pedals, maybe there's one better out there somewhere.

I play tons of War games. Medal of Honor, Socom, Marine Sniper etc. I live vicariously through those games while emptying my daily frustrations out safely on those battlefields! Tell me more about the Nintendo Wii.....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I have also considered the Wii, the PS3 doesn't look very promising because I have yet to see any great new features, even the controller looks the same. Since the Wii also allows downloading old Nintendo games it really wants to be bought, besides I can't pass up some of my favourite game series that seem to be only out on Nintendo consoles. Its gonna be hard to decide since I also need a new PC very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I play tons of War games. Medal of Honor, Socom, Marine Sniper etc. I live vicariously through those games while emptying my daily frustrations out safely on those battlefields!
    Hey, Tone, are you into other FPS games besides the war titles? I've enjoyed the various FPS's on the PC since the original Doom. Games like Descent, Serious Sam, Max Payne, Half Life, Far Cry, Painkiller, all the Doom/Quake series, Unreal/UT, No One Lives Forever, and many more. My favorite war-based FPS is Call of Duty. But haven't played hardly at all since "rediscovering" the guitar late last year! Only so many hours in a day....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Hey, Tone, are you into other FPS games besides the war titles? I've enjoyed the various FPS's on the PC since the original Doom. Games like Descent, Serious Sam, Max Payne, Half Life, Far Cry, Painkiller, all the Doom/Quake series, Unreal/UT, No One Lives Forever, and many more. My favorite war-based FPS is Call of Duty. But haven't played hardly at all since "rediscovering" the guitar late last year! Only so many hours in a day....
    Max Payne is cool. I never really got into Doom I dunno why.

I am a Tombraider world champion thank you very much. *bows* I can play Tombraider in my sleep. I love that game. I love Lara Croft. They have a new game engine now that is far superior to their old ones and the gameplay is way cool. The old games had really good levels though...just crappy game engines.

I am also a Metal Gear geek. THIS is my favorite first person action game EVER. I love espionage games and this one is one of the best.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I played the original Unreal a lot, Quake II as well. But I havent played much FPS games lately. I like slower shooters like Splinter Cell. Strategy games / War games like Civilization, Command & Conquer and Starcraft is more my bag.

Tone, The Wii controller has 3x motion detectors. So if a game features say a swordfight, you will hold the controller like a sword and the game will act very precise to your movements.. En Garde!
    Also, games like tennis and golf (Not to mention the amazing fishing game!) will be awesome with this technology!

Check out this trailer!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I played the original Unreal a lot, Quake II as well. But I havent played much FPS games lately. I like slower shooters like Splinter Cell. Strategy games / War games like Civilization, Command & Conquer and Starcraft is more my bag.

Tone, The Wii controller has 3x motion detectors. So if a game features say a swordfight, you will hold the controller like a sword and the game will act very precise to your movements.. En Garde!
    Also, games like tennis and golf (Not to mention the amazing fishing game!) will be awesome with this technology!

Check out this trailer!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY
    Oh yeah as for PC stuff I also forgot to mention Starcraft too! Cept I still get killed on the very end of the Zerg missions. Dang Zerg anyway. I'd love to snipe them all one at a time with the M82A1. What about the "newer" Warcraft SS you ever play that? I tried Diablo but it was kinda hokey.

I'm a fisherman but every fishing game I've tried was boring. Maybe this new technology will make those game cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

Diablo.. well I dont understand the click´n´slash genre at all. I thought Warcraft III was quite good, but I dont have the time to play online games as WoW.
    I used to pick sniper every time I played Wolfenstein ET (great free online ww2 shooter).
    Have you tried Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour ? A really nice game in the same spirit as Starcraft.

Post Thanks / Like

Diablo.. well I dont understand the click´n´slash genre at all. I thought Warcraft III was quite good, but I dont have the time to play online games as WoW.
    I used to pick sniper every time I played Wolfenstein ET (great free online ww2 shooter).
    Have you tried Command & Conquer Generals/Zero Hour ? A really nice game in the same spirit as Starcraft.

Command and Conquer Generals/Zero Hour eh? I will try it because I'm really bored with losing to all those Zerg Lurkers already. hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Do that, you wont be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, the video game war has already started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJw9sbOTsc

Myles Guest

I, myself, am guilt of playing entirely too much WoW (World of Warcraft). It is incredibly involving and as my first real MMOG, I think what most surprised me was that the game itself doesn't keep you going its the relationships with real people that you meet along the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems understanding that, I have played a couple of online rpg´s before (ultima online among others) so I know how time consuming it is. Looks like lot of fun though....but I´m not allowing myself to try

Post Thanks / Like

MMORPG games are fun, I remember when I used to play Everquest I didn't even eat all day, I'm happy I stopped because it was an addiction, I played WoW and its not really so fun in my opinion, how old are you guys by the way?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a little music to go with your video game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6PvU...related&search=

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that guitar sound was a retro lo-fi experience.. I wonder how he makes a fender amp sound so crappy!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that guitar sound was a retro lo-fi experience.. I wonder how he makes a fender amp sound so crappy!
    Just like the original 8 bit game huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Just like the original 8 bit game huh?
    Yeah.. Ninten..oh I mean Boss should make a 8-bit pedal for those low end sounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. Ninten..oh I mean Boss should make a 8-bit pedal for those low end sounds.
    They already do. It's called a Zoom.

Ooo. I'm in trouble now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast