Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

epiphone lespaul junior...

Thread: epiphone lespaul junior...

Post Thanks / Like

Default epiphone lespaul junior...

yeah i know the 99 dollar one.I have it,and surprisingly it's a pretty serviceable guitar for the price.Cheap cheap parts that fall apart too easily though. I HAVE used it on some recordings though,and i have to say that the sustain was incredibly THICK even with the one humbucker.It does make a difference when you wanna beef up your sound for riffs as opposed to having a single-coil strat like i also have.Feels nothing like a gibson,doesn't really play like one(except for the thick rhythm sound on a very high-gain amp)but is an ok spare guitar to have around when you need to lay down a quick metal riff and don't have a more expensive axe at your leisure

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought a used one for my son. I replaced the humbucker with a better yet still cheap Lace pickup and it improved the tone.

"Serviceable" is an accurate term! The only real problem I have is with the poor tuners that won't hold a tune if you strum anything heavy. I need to sell it to someone needing an entry level guitar without costing anything. Heck, I might even donate it to the right kid.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I bought a used one for my son. I replaced the humbucker with a better yet still cheap Lace pickup and it improved the tone.

"Serviceable" is an accurate term! The only real problem I have is with the poor tuners that won't hold a tune if you strum anything heavy. I need to sell it to someone needing an entry level guitar without costing anything. Heck, I might even donate it to the right kid.

The parts are basically falling off on mine,but it still sounds good when i can keep the thing together...lol.I'm thinking about putting a really high end humbucke r in it to improve the overall sound.Like i said,though,it's not too bad and sometimes you can tweak a good sound out of it with the right recording equipment...

Post Thanks / Like

There's always this option for an LP Jr. type axe;

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/ad201hc1.jpg

In all likelihood, from what I'm hearing from you guys about the quality of the Epis, this may be a better guitar.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    There's always this option for an LP Jr. type axe;

http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/electric/ad201hc1.jpg

In all likelihood, from what I'm hearing from you guys about the quality of the Epis, this may be a better guitar.
    wow i've never seen that one or heard of that brand... looks kinda scarce ...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by euphoria424
    wow i've never seen that one or heard of that brand... looks kinda scarce ...
    Agiles are an import brand made in Korea, an in-house brand of Rondo Music. They're basically Epi-killers. I had an Epi G400 SG I bought used for $175, subsequently bought an Agile Valkrie SG with P-90's on closeout for $99 (had been 2 bills +). They were roughly the same quality, but I preferred the P-90's in the Agile.

Sold the Epi.

Here's the Agile (they no longer make this exact model, which is why it was being blown out):

The guy who runs Rondo, Kurt, has a good reputation and has always seemed a square shooter. I'd buy from him w/o hesitation.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll find a lot of Agile converts here! I just took delivery of this last Tuesday:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Don't confuse the regular $500+ Epi's with these $99 models. These are more like the other fine $99 guitars available, like from Douglas, only not as good!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in finding one of those better quality Epi Junior reissues from a few years ago, the ones with the set necks, prferebly in the TV finish. They were nice guitars for the money. Throw a good P90 in there, and you'll have something that's totally gig-worthy.