Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2 great pedals from DuhVoodooMan - ZYS and Rabid Rodent

Thread: 2 great pedals from DuhVoodooMan - ZYS and Rabid Rodent

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 great pedals from DuhVoodooMan - ZYS and Rabid Rodent

Two great gain pedals, one a tubescreamer (overdrive), the other a distortion pedal based on the ProCo RAT. Both work very well with tube amps, and have a very organic, dynamic sound. They are both made by Bob at http://www.duhvoodooman.com - contact him through his website for pricing and more juicy details about all the features and functionality enhancements his pedal designs offer.

I used a Suhr Classic and a Hagstrom Swede for this demo. Amp was a Marshall JVM410H on the Clean channel, Green mode. I recorded with an Sm57 into a GAP-73 mic pre, into an Apogee Duet. A little bit of reverb was added in Logic Express.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Added to gas list both pedals.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice hat.. guess you decided against the mohawk.. ;-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    Nice hat.. guess you decided against the mohawk.. ;-)
    Just wait and see...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, RR! As well as showcasing the two pedals nicely (thank you for that--should sell a bunch more because of this demo!), it's also informative in showing the difference between an overdrive and a distortion pedal. Playing the same riff clean and then on both pedals was very illustrative.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,
    Which of the 6 different positions were you playing with the Rabid Rodent? For those who aren't familiar with the RR.....it has 6 "positions". Three are different varieties of "overdrive" and three different flavors of "distortion". An extremely flexible pedal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool, as an owner of both, I am glad to see this really nice demo. They are sweet, and you show them off very well.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    Robert,
    Which of the 6 different positions were you playing with the Rabid Rodent? For those who aren't familiar with the RR.....it has 6 "positions". Three are different varieties of "overdrive" and three different flavors of "distortion". An extremely flexible pedal.
    From the camera shot at the end of the video, looks like it's in the first position of the switch, the stock Rat distortion setting (silicon diode clipping).
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a screen shot of the settings for each...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, numba 1 it was.

Post Thanks / Like

How is the sound? This was my first recording with my new audio interface, Apogee Duet. I notice everything sounds way better in my studio now with this new unit.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem here Boss.sounded Great.