Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2010 American Deluxe

Thread: 2010 American Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 American Deluxe

http://fender.com/products/search.php?section=guitars

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/n...an+delux&Nty=1

Some major changes

Lower price point

New N3 pups and compound radius necks GAS and more GAS!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favourite strat colour scheme ever especially over ash! Maybe it's time for a new one.

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I don't like about them is the very white finish on the necks.
    A little tint would not hurt it. I paid about 1500 for my 50th Anniversary Deluxe USA Strat. It is a very nice guitar, but it does have that lighter neck.
    I will have to reasearch the new pickups.
    OOPS: I just noticed the V neck. Never mind!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    Some major changes

Lower price point

New N3 pups and compound radius necks GAS and more GAS!
    Lower price than what? Those seem to be more expensive, with MSRPs around $2K, although I haven't prices an MIA Strat in awhile. I do like the idea of the compound radius. I've always liked that feature in Jacksons (although mine is 12"-16", whereas these Strats are 9.5"-14"). Unlike ZMan, I prefer the lighter necks. I've never understood why someone would want a maple neck that looks like it's shared a room with a chain smoker and dipped in coffee every day.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Lower price than what?

These are going for on the street around $1400.00 to $1700.00 compared to $1700.00 to $2000.00.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, for those kind of prices I'd be more tempted by a Music Man. Strats are nice but that's a chunk of change for something that isn't much different than it's lower priced relatives.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deluxe

Yeah, like that Music Man Silouette the dude is playing in the new Guitar Center flyer with the ten percent off coupon on the back. That is a really cool Silouette.

But the Fender strat deluxe is a really nice guitar, for what it is. I think the American Standard Strat has the brighter, cleaner, more classic sound.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Lower price than what? Those seem to be more expensive, with MSRPs around $2K, although I haven't prices an MIA Strat in awhile. I do like the idea of the compound radius. I've always liked that feature in Jacksons (although mine is 12"-16", whereas these Strats are 9.5"-14"). Unlike ZMan, I prefer the lighter necks. I've never understood why someone would want a maple neck that looks like it's shared a room with a chain smoker and dipped in coffee every day.
    Mojo, dude!

Didn't you know that tone is in the ciggie smoke?

I have to admit I like at least a medium tint to my maple necks, though it would never be a make-or-break.