Thread: Reverb Pedal ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reverb Pedal ideas

I was wondering if some of you guys could give me some feedback on reverb pedals? I'm going to be needing one when I get my Valve Junior, and I'm a bit torn. Of course you've got your Boss reverb pedals, which are good, but expensive. The Line 6 reverb pedal looks nice, but again, expensive. Then you've got the Holy Grail reverb, which people say is good, but I read reviews that say it is ultra noisy. I don't want noise. Being a cheapskate Dano fan, I'm considering the little Corned Beef pedal, but I read that it is just crap. More like delay than reverb. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm also gonna get the Ernie Ball Stereo Pan Pedal. 6165 is the model I believe. MF has it for like 150 bucks. I'm a Pearl Jam fan, and I remember reading an old article where Stone Gossard talks about it, and it made me want to get one to put in between the Valve Junior, and my AD30VT. Pedal all the way down, and you've got Valve Junior, pedal all the way up and you've got AD30VT and so forth. And you can blend A and B anywhere in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic was covered in a previous thread - - here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1225

Post Thanks / Like

Btw Nelskie how do you like the Reflector?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a really nice pedal. I haven't played it through all of my guitars / amps yet, but so far - I like it a lot. It's very quiet, and each of the (6) reverb settings adds a nice effect without coloring the tone. I'm planning on posting a full review on it sometime in Oct., after the "gushiness" of it being new gear has worn off.

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie, you already know that the "gushiness" will be over in October?
    Man you are a experienced gear buyer...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the new Marshall pedals. I'd be interested in both the Reflector and the Echohead next.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Nelskie, you already know that the "gushiness" will be over in October? Man you are a experienced gear buyer...
    In some ways I am - in others, no. To me, it always seems too easy to rave about new gear right after you get it. Six months down the road, if you're still using it, and its working out for you, then its served its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I really like the new Marshall pedals. I'd be interested in both the Reflector and the Echohead next.
    Yeah - they're really nice. Solid, well-built, easy to tweak, and great-sounding. I'm thinking about getting that Bluesbreaker II pedal next, so I can launch myself headfirst into full "Beano Mode".
    Last edited by Nelskie; September 29th, 2006 at 03:52 PM.