Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

I like beer . . .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I like beer . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default I like beer . . .

Cold, hoppy, fragrant, beer . . . . Mmmmm, beer. Just sayin'.

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Last couple of weeks have been most enjoyable for me too. Cheers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Homebrew Coffee-flavored stout here, an experiment that worked well. I wish I had taken better notes..!

More to come: there is 1 lb of Fuggles (British-style ales) and 1/2 lb of Cascade (typical American IPA) hops in the fridge.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Carib - our local beer

The best reason for beer...!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like beer, good beer, never the mAcro swill from the big US brewers.
    However, it can be months between beers sometimes. Mrs. Tig and I don't hang out in clubs or anything, and I drive when we eat out (she likes margaritas!), so I just don't get around to a beer enough.
    I got out of the habit of keeping beer in the fridge back when the step son was in high school and kept stealing them!

Last edited by Tig; March 24th, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky enough to live in the Willamette Valley, where they grow some legendary hops. We have our fair share of fantastic breweries in Oregon, and no shortage of great beers. This last weekend I had brews from Ninkasi, Rogue and Seven Brides. I was a little disappointed in the Seven Brides Oatmeal Stout, but other than that they were all good.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout - makes me happy every time! My goodness, I love this beer so much... it's almost scary.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Almost every beer from Rogue in the Great State of Oregon!

http://www.rogue.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Likewise with Gritty McDuff's... from the great state of Maine!

Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the best sampler lists I've ever seen. Every one of these beers looks yummy. I just got to be careful not to try them all at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Had these two Monday night...

Mmmmmm.....GOOD!

First one, Monk In The Trunk is a locally brewed (Jupiter Florida) amber ale made in Belian style.
    The second is the Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial Pale Ale.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    This is one of the best sampler lists I've ever seen. Every one of these beers looks yummy. I just got to be careful not to try them all at the same time.
    I'll come on over, or better yet, you come over here and I'll help you! Some good looking bevs on this list!

That would be fun to have a Guinness Stout Les Paul too! Though for some reaon, a Guiness tele seems more appropriate somehow.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

This is my local brew. They have many different flavors but I was around for the beginning of this beer. Charlie and I used to race bikes together and he started the company making small batches of Teton Ale and Moose Juice Stout in 5 gallon steel soda pop canisters. Every summer we have lots of this and the reason I like it is because of the water. Teton water is really good!

This photo was taken in the cabin where Charlie started brewing. It is a small resturant now and is located next to the Fire Department at the base of Teton Pass.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. that looks REALLY good....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is my favorite:

'Bear' in English. Left to right a pint, a quart and a 1/3 litre can. 4,6% in markets, stronger version available in liquour stores. Also available in bottles up to litre.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a micro-brew, it's from Yuengling, the oldest brewery in the U.S.
    But they make some good beer Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a nice ice cold Mariestad öl for you all

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast