Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Mighty Fine Lookin' Axe....

Thread: Mighty Fine Lookin' Axe....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mighty Fine Lookin' Axe....

My "pro musician" friend here at work had one of his Les Paul's in his car a couple of days ago, because he was going directly from work to a practice session for his band. He brought it in so that I could check it out, and I took the opportunity to grab a couple of photos. It's a LP Classic 1960 reissue model, produced in 2000. It has that very fast, thin '60 style neck, which I really liked the feel of. The hardware is all vintage style, though the pickups are open, rather than having the usual nickel covers. He doesn't like LP pickguards, so that had been removed. The color, a transparent amber-yellow, is quite striking, and the wood grain is gorgeous. Wish I'd had a Marshall stack to plug it into and see how it sounded, but somehow I suspect my employer might frown on that. But if it sounds as good as it looks, it must be something special!

Here are the pix I took:

Attachment 588 Attachment 589 Attachment 590
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Its not that pretty...although I was never a fan of LP's, but I bet it plays and sounds sweet .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    Its not that pretty...
    Eye of the beholder, as they say. It sure looked gorgeous to me, but I've loved LP's ever since I looked at the back of the Beano album....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cranium
    Its not that pretty....
    *laughs* . . . *bites tongue* Um . . . OK.

From my perspective - that guitar is a flat-out stunner! As in drop-dead gorgeous! What's your buddy run it through amp-wise? Stock p'ups? I sure hope there's a few Zeppelin or Aerosmith numbers in his band's setlist, too!

Post Thanks / Like

it looks stunning to me as well....although i would put some pickup covers on those humbuckers....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the whammy bar and the third pickup? Looks like a fake to me.

All kidding aside...I just drooled on my keyboard. Very nice axe.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That is pure candy DVM.. You should have done the "look behind you! A three headed monkey!" thing and run home to your amps
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    What's your buddy run it through amp-wise? Stock p'ups? I sure hope there's a few Zeppelin or Aerosmith numbers in his band's setlist, too!
    He's got amps out the wazoo, too. Three Marshall half-stacks, three different Mesa Boogie heads + a combo, two Madison stacks (small amp maker in CO), and Valve Jr. head. And that's just the ones I know about!

P'ups are stock.

I know his band does a lot of classic rock covers, so I would guess Zep and Aerosmith are well represented....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!