Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD Epi LP 1959 Reissue

Thread: NGD Epi LP 1959 Reissue

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD Epi LP 1959 Reissue

OK I know its a bit of an oxymoron Epiphone bringing out a '59 reissue but I think it was the case that did it for me .

As a quick overview , it feels like a quality guitar ,the neck feels quite different to my strat and tele, wider with a flatter radius, frets being pretty chunky , strings bend quite nice .the fret edges are well finished the bindings an ivory colour matching the pup covers . There`s a veneer maple cap which is quite tastefully done, the colour being faded iced tea on this model .

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSCF1451.jpg

Tuners are vintage style ,faux ivory but no nasty moulding marks .

http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSCF1452.jpg

What is that black stuff that they put on the strings , I`ve only played it for 10 minutes and my fingers are minging apart from that initial impressions are this was a good buy from ebay { the guy who sold it mail ordered a few played them for a couple of minutes didn't like them and sold them on }. I plan to play the Gibby Studio I could have had for $230 more than this one next month just to see .{There's always Christmas}

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the Iced Tea fade is one of the best looking finishes you can get on any LP. That looks like a keeper!
    Happy NGD...

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Nice axe!

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    What is that black stuff that they put on the strings , I`ve only played it for 10 minutes and my fingers are minging apart from that initial impressions are this was a good buy from ebay
    I had the same issue with my Floyd Rose guitar. I mentioned this in another thread. I believe it's dust actually coming off the fretboard itself. Wipe it off a good one before trying to condition it and you should be golden.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Geraint: Nice choice. Looks very nice. As Marnold said the black is probably from the fretboard. Give the strings a wipe individually with a clean cloth. Ther might be some rust or crud on them. Also wipe down the board.
    Get some rosewood fretboard conditioner and wipe it on and let it sit for a few minutes then clean it off. You can do it with the strings on. I use a Q tip then a soft cloth. I do it every 5 or 6 months with my rosewood boards.
    I bet she sounds really nice.
    BTW what is that Marshall amp?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thanks guys and thank you Zman for the earlier advice , the Marshalls` a JCM900 hi gain dual reverb 100w , far to loud for what I do now although the preamp settings are handy . The LP has got a real depth to its sound , I`m looking forward to having an empty house tomorrow .

Post Thanks / Like

I had that same black crap on the strings of my Epi Tribute LP. I changed the strings, and the black fingers are no more. Well, I still have fingers, but they're not black. Congratulations! I like that finish as well. Enjoy the new girl!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty! Congrats, Geraint. Play loud and play often!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

If I hadn't my Gold Top this Epi would give me some serious GAS....I mean also does it now, but I can controle myself.....

That is a great instrument and I like the fact that Epi comes out with a 59 Tribute model. Why not.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitar.

But, hey wow! An Electrolabs modular fuzz!!
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience