Thread: Suhr on Blues channel - Spider Valve MkII

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suhr on Blues channel - Spider Valve MkII

Going for some SRV type of tones here. Again, I didn't place the mic quite right, and it's a bit more brittle sounding that it should be. Not too bad anyway?

Next clip I'm uploading will the best clean tone yet, I think. Hang on.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad at all! Diggin' the SRV type tones there. Tasty playing, as always...

Somethings clipping besides the amph, though. I think it's causing the sound to be more distorted than it really is live, causing a "harshness" to the recorded sound.

Microphone too close? Is there a gain level on the mike preamp? If so, is it up too high? Are you going into a mixer? If so, are THOSE levels too high when you're playing?

I'm really not up on the ins and outs of video recording, please forgive any n00bishness.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds pretty "dirty" and has a ton of Texas Blues flavour. I like the Amber mode on the Blues channel. From all of your Spider clips these were the best me thinks

You are playing without a pedal in front of the amph, so I would like to know how the amph reacts to guitar volume changes. Does it clean up nicely and keep the dynamics?

Cool licks though Rob, seems you'd been on the Stevie train a lot recently, those licks and song excerpts sounded very close!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no clipping, but the mic was a bit too much in the centre of the speaker. No "too high" levels at all, actually.

It cleans up okay, see my Suhr and Crunch Channel video for examples.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Seemed a little over-modulated on the recording? But not too bad at all.. nice and dirty tone... and of course, I tremendously enjoyed the playing. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops.. I'd read the post, then commented like 5 minutes later.. should have refreshed first. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    There is no clipping, but the mic was a bit too much in the centre of the speaker. No "too high" levels at all, actually.

Good deal... I just learned something!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40