Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gig tomorrow night

Thread: Gig tomorrow night

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gig tomorrow night

Haven't played with these guys in over a year. We have a show tomorrow night, and I thought were going to practice this week. Turns out everyone was too busy, so we'll have to wing it at the gig.

I have spent hours today setting up my patches on the Line 6 Spider Valve MkII, and I think I have finally figured out how to work this amph now. It takes time to learn it, but I think it should make for a great gigging amp, especially the kind of gig where you need lots of variety for tones.

I'll try to get it recorded with my camcorder, not sure if there's enough space for it, but I'll try.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh-oh! No practice and new, complex gear!

I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Yep, Robert will do fine. Heck, he could probably play a toaster and make it sound good!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

A toaster...Yeah you are probably right! Do it Robert, do it

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The gig was awesome. One of the best crowds I've ever played for. The place was packed, and everyone was there for the show, so they were extremely attentive.

I used two amps - the Line 6 Spider Valve MkII and my little Mack Gem. I was only able to mike one of them, so that had to be the Spider Valve since it had all the effects on it.

I had a good tone. The AC30 type tones in this amp are very yummy. I did record it all on video, but I haven't listened to it yet. There were things in the way so it won't exciting to watch, but if I'm lucky, there could be a few good music moments in there on that video footage. If so, I'll post a video later.
    Last edited by Robert; March 29th, 2010 at 09:43 AM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool, nice to hear that the Spyder Valve cut it live!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Robert! Always great when winging it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Something to be said for veiny goodness. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.