Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoom R-16 anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Zoom R-16 anyone?

Simply because I don't totally trust its preamps etc...they do a good job but for my main card I want something definitely good. And it's usb and I prefer firewire because I have too many usb gadgets as is. And something metal, sturdy, not a flat mixer style dust gathering thing. Also, if one wants to employ the zooms portability aspect, it would feel strange to remove the only soundcard. I'd prefer to have a good fixed soundcard for the daw and just use the zoom as a recorder. Which it does marvelously well too. I suppose it's just a gut feeling. I don't really have any issues with the r16...it's certainly been worth every penny so far.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Simply because I don't totally trust its preamps etc...they do a good job but for my main card I want something definitely good. And it's usb and I prefer firewire because I have too many usb gadgets as is. And something metal, sturdy, not a flat mixer style dust gathering thing. Also, if one wants to employ the zooms portability aspect, it would feel strange to remove the only soundcard. I'd prefer to have a good fixed soundcard for the daw and just use the zoom as a recorder. Which it does marvelously well too. I suppose it's just a gut feeling. I don't really have any issues with the r16...it's certainly been worth every penny so far.
    I can see where you're coming from, and I think I would feel the same way if I actually had anything resembling a studio setup. I have read that some think the preamps are a bit weak, though some say you just need to get it in the orange to have it sound good. Anyway, thanks for clarifying -- this sounds like it would be a good fit for what we need, so I imagine I will be ordering one shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12