Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Moron Question regarding two amps

Thread: Moron Question regarding two amps

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Moron Question regarding two amps

Can anyone else guess what I'm fixin' to do? Problem is, the Danelectro Honeytone has an 8ohm speaker and that cab has a 4-ohm speaker. What is a man like me to do in this situation?

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure the amp on the left does not fall off?

Fancy workbench.
    Someone is gonna get blamed for scratches...
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I said screw it and wired the Honeytone to the speaker. Nothing blew up. The Honeytone sounds better than original Jay Turser Classic 10 guts, just not as loud.

Now I Just gotta figure out what to do now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As a Certified Moron, I'll attempt to answer....
    You're going to let these two cross-pollinate, right?

Hey, that looks like one of tot_Ou_tard's picks on the table.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've had that pick for like 10 years, a relic of my first failed attempt to learn to play guitar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64
    I've had that pick for like 10 years, a relic of my first failed attempt to learn to play guitar.
    My grandson has a red alien pick just like it for his first pick!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64

Can anyone else guess what I'm fixin' to do? Problem is, the Danelectro Honeytone has an 8ohm speaker and that cab has a 4-ohm speaker. What is a man like me to do in this situation?

I know I'm late, but if I was to guess, I'd say "Toss all that stuff and go play with that Champ you just got!" Hehe. Had to be said.

Seriously though. Your results are to be expected.

Speaker and cabinet efficiency aside, increasing the impedance of a speaker connected to a solid state amp will result in a decrease in volume, but will not in any way damage the amp unless the power rating of the speaker is exceeded.

Now get all that sh*t off the kitchen table!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    I know I'm late, but if I was to guess, I'd say "Toss all that stuff and go play with that Champ you just got!" Hehe. Had to be said.
    You beat me to it
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't have my Champ at work. That isn't the kitchen table it's a round table in my office heh.