Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The most-bang-for-the-buck Amph? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The most-bang-for-the-buck Amph?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    My $399 Peavey Windsor halfstack.
    Tell us some more about this. They got blown out at such a low price-- the curse of Peavey-- that I think a lot of people assumed they weren't good, yet the people I know who bought like them.

Features, pics?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Brian Krashpad]Tell us some more about this. They got blown out at such a low price-- the curse of Peavey-- that I think a lot of people assumed they weren't good, yet the people I know who bought like them.

Yea I'm the GAS man,You get screaming solos when your crank this amph,GAS man LOL! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok, the tone is pretty plain but I never cranked it so it'll probably sound better if I did. It has a lot of tone shaping though and I always use pedals on it. Whether I used clean or dirty on my pedals the amp carried it pretty good. I've read about mods and retubes that'll improve the amp.

I haven't used it much since I got my BHHD half stack.

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

My vote would go to a FENDER SUPER CHAMP XD a very versatile amp that has tube sound and I have been impressed with it as an all around go to amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tube amp best bang for the buck:
    The reason I bought the Egnater Tweaker is because of it's extreme versatility with a very low price, while maintaining quality and having pluses, like the effects loop. I've been looking for an all tube amp exactly like this, and then it came out, fitting perfectly. I know for 2 or 3 or 4 times the price, I could get a better amp, but the actual difference is not justified by the huge price difference. (Victoria, Carr, Bogner, Reinhardt)

Modeling amp best bang for the buck:
    Robert's Line 6 Spider Valve MkII sure has impressed me, and worth mentioning are the Vox VT's, and the Peavey Vypyr 60 (tube).
    The newest version of Fender's G-DEC opens up all kinds of doors for tonal and functional flexibility.
    Last edited by Tig; April 12th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

This one is a killer amph, very versatile!

(Vox VT50)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender SuperSonic 112

A great mint used Fender SuperSonic 112 blondy at a store near me for 775 out the door.

This is a super outstanding sixty watt Pro Series Fender amp with a Celestion Vintage 30 in it and is a combination, analog, of a Vibrolux and a Bassman; with a BURN channel applicable to both voices and a global really good Fender reverb that you can use with the Bassman side as well.

This is an incredible amp at an incredible price. I think it is less than a year old.

I can give you the phone number.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12