Thread: Footage from a gig we did last night

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Footage from a gig we did last night

A little rough but we were just having fun with this, started as Superstition, then went into a bit of a wah solo and then threw in sex machine.

by the way, our drummer does lead vocals and you can't see him behind us and the gear!!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to have a look Lev, but I'm getting a message that says... 'This is a private video'

Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oops, that should be shared now... Thanks
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Thanks for sharing that Lev.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Lev, thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that the person shooting the video wasn't the drummer's wife?

Just as he might possibly reveal himself at the end, the video cuts out. He's got a good voice anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Lev! Glad to see you and the boys out having fun
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Nice Lev, thanks.

Am I correct in assuming that the person shooting the video wasn't the drummer's wife?

Just as he might possibly reveal himself at the end, the video cuts out. He's got a good voice anyway...
    The funny thing is it was his wife controlling the camera.... maybe he's in the dog house!
    - Lev

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Lev.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

You guys sound great. The drummer's voice really is good, despite his invisibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool voice, cool playing. You guys really groove!
    It's always great to see a cool band rocking the pub.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the feedback - it wasn't exactly technically flawless but we were enjoying the groove on this one.
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Totally a great jam.. enjoyed it immensely! There are a few scenes where I thought I was looking at myself up there playing.. could you be my long lost brother? :-)

As for singing drummers.. ever think to put the kit side-to the audience? I think Don Henley does that. :-)
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    Totally a great jam.. enjoyed it immensely! There are a few scenes where I thought I was looking at myself up there playing.. could you be my long lost brother? :-)

As for singing drummers.. ever think to put the kit side-to the audience? I think Don Henley does that. :-)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah, normally we have him up front with guitar and bass either side. This was a tribute night for a local musician and there were 3 bands playing so we had to use the setup that was there with the drums at the back. He was pretty visible to most of the punters, that was just the clearest place to take the video from without anyone walking in front.

As for look-a-likes, according to the Youtube community I look like Carson Palmer?
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work-around then. :-)

Funny.. I've been told I look like Carson Palmer too.. LOL
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.