Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Played a benefit today.

Thread: Played a benefit today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Played a benefit today.

A friend of ours runs a music school and hosts a benefit for Oceans of Love every year. The band volunteers to come out, play a couple of sets, and bring some of his students up on stage. We bring extra amps and mics for it.

We had a blast, and the kids had an even better time. There was a couple of kids that came up that had some serious chops! One kid came up with a beat up SG and just ripped. He came up again later and I handed him my Les Paul and told him to have at it while I took a short break. He wailed!

Oceans of Love made a ton of money, and a good time was had by all. The school raffled off a new Ibanez guitar - I'm sure the young lad that won it is sleeping with it tonight. He was grinning ear to ear when he left.

I'll D/L my camera tomorrow morning and post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you and all had fun. Can't wait to see the pictures. Benifits are always good to do. It's like giving back to the community.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Some pics:

The young lad playing my Les Paul is an excellent guitar player - effortless, smooth, and fluid. The bass player is also dangerous. They rocked on an improvised jam:

Dueling basses! They tore it up with our drummer laying it down for them:

The horn section. They came up for "Call Me the Breeze" and they were excellent. I told our drummer that we have to hire some horn players now. :

All of these kids (and a few older kids) are from the same music school. Most of them have never been up in front of a large audience before and it was great fun jamming with them. There was a lot of smiling faces yesterday!